some of users seem to be facing problems when using firmware of different region on ur Mini Pro, as the keyboard layout is getting changed...
so here is a fix for that...
thanks to easycure1974 for helping out with testing! and D4rKn3sSyS for helping me with identifying files & KB layout codes
thanks to easycure1974 for ur generous donation!
[ requirements ]
- Rooted Xperia Mini Pro
- Busybox installed
- working adb or terminal emulator app
[ how to ]
commands to be executed in adb shell or terminal emulator
- enter in superuser mode
- mount system as RW:
busybox mount -o remount,rw /system
- take backup of the file [warning ONLY RUN THIS ONCE]
busybox cp /system/usr/keyboard-config/keyprint.xml /system/usr/keyboard-config/keyprint.xml.backup
- following is a list of available keyboard layouts:
qwertz qwerty-en azerty qwerty-br qwerty-no-dk qwerty-se-fi latin-on-arabic latin-on-arabic-azerty latin-on-bopomofo latin-on-cyrillic latin-on-greek latin-on-hebrew latin-on-korean latin-on-pinyin latin-on-thai
- now change to ur keyboard region (replace YOURREGIONLANG with the single code from above)
busybox sed -i 's/qwerty-en/YOURREGIONLANG/g' /system/usr/keyboard-config/keyprint.xml
busybox sed -i 's/qwerty-en/qwerty-se-fi/g' /system/usr/keyboard-config/keyprint.xml
- and now reboot!
- thats it enjoy ur original HW KB layout!