FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Root samsung gem sch-i100

2,589 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,174

By justen7723, Senior Member on 21st August 2011, 10:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Can anyone tell me how to root a samsung gem (sch-i100) I posted this in 2 other sections already about month ago but I've had no respnoses at all. Can anyone tell me anything????

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

21st August 2011, 11:02 PM |#2  
Flag Venice, California
Thanks Meter: 240

More
One click Root?

Google it, and that device might not be supported by a dev who's rooted it yet.
21st August 2011, 11:13 PM |#3  
Moderator Liaison / RC-RT Committee / Spider-Mod
Flag Right behind you!
Thanks Meter: 45,746

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by justen7723

Can anyone tell me how to root a samsung gem (sch-i100) I posted this in 2 other sections already about month ago but I've had no respnoses at all. Can anyone tell me anything????

I found this through Google:

Download and Install Samsung Drivers
64bit:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOB...dows-x64.shtml

32bit:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOB...dows-x86.shtml

Download and Install ADB
Android SDK | Android Developers
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Download the attached files

Setup ADB to work in your PATH
Windows: Go to System Properties > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables
Click on the Path variable under System Variables and hit edit
Add a colon: and the location of your android-sdk tools folder

In example :C:\Android\SDK\android-sdk-windows\tools

connect your phone with the usb cable and go to settings > applications > enable debugging
run cmd
cd to the directory of the unzipped files included and follow these commands to a tee

adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push rage.bin /data/local/tmp/rage.bin
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox

adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 0755 rage.bin
./rage.bin

wait....
when it brings you back to your original shell or windows cmd promt follow these commands
adb shell

mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system

cd /system/xbin
cat /sdcard/su > su
cat /sdcard/busybox > busybox
chmod 4755 su
chmod 4755 busybox

exit

adb install Superuser.apk

Thats it, I hope this helps you. Its a complete rooting process.

Once you have Root, simply download ROMManager from the Market, do a "Backup" from the app, and download whichever ROM you want from the list of available ROMs inside the app, enjoy!

Read more: how to root android 2.1 on Samsung Gem - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phone...#ixzz1VhiYTWP4
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KennyG123 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KennyG123 Ad-Free
26th August 2011, 02:23 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag toledo
Thanks Meter: 2,174

More
Thanks haven't tried it yet but I will, (its for a friend)

26th August 2011, 04:13 AM |#5  
Flag Whittier, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,209

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

[/url]

Impressive, most impressive.

23rd September 2011, 04:54 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried this method and got it to work but it still didnt root im running 2.2.1 though i dont know how to get this going
14th January 2012, 12:21 AM |#7  
Flag Morrisville, NY
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I'm missing something here.. where does rage.bin come from? For that matter, where are the superuser and busybox binaries coming from?
14th January 2012, 03:33 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 340

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimnutt

I'm missing something here.. where does rage.bin come from? For that matter, where are the superuser and busybox binaries coming from?

Why necro this thread? Let it die in peace.

14th January 2012, 03:21 PM |#9  
Flag Manitowoc
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyglass123

Download and Install Samsung Drivers
64bit:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOB...dows-x64.shtml

32bit:
http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOB...dows-x86.shtml

Download and Install ADB
Android SDK | Android Developers
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Download the attached files

Setup ADB to work in your PATH
Windows: Go to System Properties > Advanced Tab > Environment Variables
Click on the Path variable under System Variables and hit edit
Add a colon: and the location of your android-sdk tools folder

In example :C:\Android\SDK\android-sdk-windows\tools

connect your phone with the usb cable and go to settings > applications > enable debugging
run cmd
cd to the directory of the unzipped files included and follow these commands to a tee

adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push rage.bin /data/local/tmp/rage.bin
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox

adb shell
cd /data/local/tmp
chmod 0755 rage.bin
./rage.bin

wait....
when it brings you back to your original shell or windows cmd promt follow these commands
adb shell

mount -t rfs -o remount,rw /dev/block/stl9 /system

cd /system/xbin
cat /sdcard/su > su
cat /sdcard/busybox > busybox
chmod 4755 su
chmod 4755 busybox

exit

adb install Superuser.apk

Thats it, I hope this helps you. Its a complete rooting process.

Once you have Root, simply download ROMManager from the Market, do a "Backup" from the app, and download whichever ROM you want from the list of available ROMs inside the app, enjoy!

Read more: how to root android 2.1 on Samsung Gem - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phone...#ixzz1VhiYTWP4

Wow, that's extraordinarily similar to the process I had to use to root my Epic4G WAY back in Nov of 2010. Those were scary times.

I remember that while I was doing this my Epic went black and unresponsive, and it took me several hours to get it working again. I felt faint and was shaking the whole time.

From that point on I always told friends who wanted to root- it's not really any fun until you think that you've bricked your phone a couple of times.

sent from my secret underground bunker
The Following User Says Thank You to mjben For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mjben Ad-Free
15th March 2013, 11:10 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Post Samsung gem i100
I recently got a samsung gem i100. Biggest problem with it was it didn't have the new version of google play (market) on it. I like installing programs from the website, not typing away looking for the right app on my phone. So I installed APK installer, and upgraded the os from 2.1 to 2.2. Which did kill google market.. However I have a different phone and on that phone I have an app called APK extractor(the phone is rooted) I extracted he newest version of google play and uploaded it to the Gem. Google play works fine so far... The 3g data isn't working but the phone is for my kid and Verizon charges for data now. It works ok, but would like the 3g data to work again.any ideas? (The only data it has is wifi. I wonder if it is a setting somewhere, I wouldn't mind throwing on a new os if there was one I could find so long as it was compatible.)
20th March 2013, 12:08 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Samsung gem i100
I was hoping someone on here had a unmodified Samsung gem i100 from Verizon so they could use super one click on it and root it then back up the rom, and share it because I broke mine by updating it to 2.2... (the rom for Verizon is 2.1, but 2.2 is for US cellular and Alltel) I downloaded the source code from Samsung in a long shot attempt to repackage it so it will make the data work on the gem again. I think the problem with 2.2 lies in the drivers for the board. If I can fix that then 2.2 should work for Verizon. Although I have no idea what I'm doing I have downloaded Oracle VM VirtualBox, and setup what I need for Android kitchen so I can run the current rom from there and hopefully make the changes...

The other project I'm working on is to find out why the game Temple Run 2 will run on a Droid 4 but not a Droid 1, and if there is a way to modify the Droid 1 so it can run it. My kids like the game, but I don't want them using my phone to play it all the time...

Any pointers would be great. I don't look forward to teaching myself how to write programs but it seems that is my only option...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)