FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

Go SMS Pro: How can I have popups on lock screen?

423 posts
Thanks Meter: 38

By chocodough, Senior Member on 23rd August 2011, 03:17 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have been using Handcent for awhile and really like it. But yesterday switched to Go SMS Pro to check it out and because I like some of the themes.

But I noticed, unlike Handcent or ChompSMS, it does NOT have a popup window with incoming text on the Lock screen! I like to check out my text and maybe send a quick reply without unlcking my phone.

I can't find the option anywhere in Go SMS Pro, so I think it doesn't have it. I'd like to continue using it, but I think I'll have to go back to Handcent for the Lock screen text.

Does anyone know of a way to have it pop up on the lock screen? I did email the author about it.

23rd August 2011, 03:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,706

More
You must have looked extremely hard.

Settings > Notification settings > Enable Popup windows
23rd August 2011, 03:26 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut

You must have looked extremely hard.

Settings > Notification settings > Enable Popup windows

Thank for the reply.

Yes I saw that, but that only is for popups if you are already in the phone. That doesn't enable lock screen popups.

On the lockscreen, it will light up, but only show you on your status bar on top of a new text, not an actual popup.
23rd August 2011, 03:31 PM |#4  
Ohio
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Do any popup windows happen at all, or just not on the lockscreen? Do you have a pattern/password lock?

I have been using widgetlocker for some time now and the popups come up fine for me. I have flashed many roms since starting to use Go SMS and never have had this problem. Im thinking either go sms is corrupted and you may need to uninstall and reinstall, or the stock lockscreen is getting in the way
23rd August 2011, 03:35 PM |#5  

More
I get popups over the lockscreen.

EDIT: Attached are the seetings that work for me...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SC20110823-143829.jpg
Views:	5482
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	698081  
23rd August 2011, 03:35 PM |#6  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 1,352

More
Funny, pops up on my lockscreen just fine.

Sent from somewhere far far away.
23rd August 2011, 03:42 PM |#7  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I notice it doesn't really seem to work on my Sensation. Could it be because of the new lock screen (Sense 3.0)?
23rd August 2011, 04:06 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Well I am running a stock Atrix, and even after reinstalling I still don't get popups on the lock screen. I get them everywhere else though. Also I have all the appropriate settings checked.

A friend with an HTC Incredible has the same issue. It might be a bug in Go SMS Pro?

I uninstalled Handcent first before I installed Go SMS Pro, do you think maybe there is a residue setting in there causing this?
23rd August 2011, 04:09 PM |#9  

More
I would doubt it. Try clearing Go SMS data and cache and having another attempt.
23rd August 2011, 04:28 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobnut

I would doubt it. Try clearing Go SMS data and cache and having another attempt.

Well tried that, and even uninstalled / reinstall one more time and still no go.

When I get an incoming text when the screen is off, the lock screen will light up, but the text shows on the status bar on top and doesn't have the popup/quick reply window like it does if I am already in the phone.

I guess it is a bug in Go SMS Pro for some phones.
23rd August 2011, 04:31 PM |#11  

More
Sounds like you might be right. That's a bummer for you. The irony is that I have disabled my popups as I don't like them
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)