Method 2 was discovered by sieempi (Links at the bottom), STRING: NOT FOUND workaround found by jackmonter5
Big thanks to xplod4202. Risked his Sensation to see if Methd 2 was safe for us all.
And The simple guide : xl Viper lx : I am simply doing what i do best. getting you a noobproof guide and also simplifying the adb/terminal code
All of us will take credit for the collaborating and making of this thread to help everyone unlock with no cost. What???.....Yes thats right......We broke the FTSE index by providing free unlocks! lol
Also 9 people who voted no in the poll, ad voted before we found method 2 which unlocks every sensation
METHOD 1 - USE THIS FIRST
The SIM-Unlock code location for some sensation's (NOT ALL) has been found and confirmed to work for the few users who tested it. Use method 1 below to find your unlock code
(Method 1 ADB guide in post 2 if you don't want to use Terminal Emulator or you just want to use ADB)
-Rooted simlocked Sensation - Enable USB debugging in Settings > Application ->Development
-Terminal Emulator (Download free from the market) or click here to download and install into your phone
Your IMEI Number (Dial "*#06#" in phone keypad to get it)
GUIDE - Method 1
1. Download Terminal Emulator from the market if you havent already done so and Run it. This should bring you a blue screen. Full screen.
2. enter the command "SU".
3. Click allow when Super user pop up appears to give it root access. (If your keyboard disappears, keep hold of menu button to bring it back up)
4. enter the command "strings -n 8 /dev/block/mmcblk0p6"
5. This should give Output a bunch of numbers like in the screenshot! IF IT SAYS STRING: NOT FOUND MOVE TO POST 2 AND USE ADB!
6. The 8 digit number above your IMEI number is your unlock code. See post 2 on how to enter it.
IF it only brings you a date above your IMEI. Then the unlock code is not present in your device. Move to Method 2
GUIDE - Method 2 - USE IF METHOD 1 FAILED!
Revolutionary achieved radio S-OFF for Sensation (among other devices) which means you can practically do whatever you want with your phone (like actually owning it). This means it makes it vulnerable to all sorts of schemes including sim-unlock. The following method is quite efficient and easy to do and can be done with the need for a computer!
-Rooted simlocked Sensation!
-Clockwork Recovery or Revolutionary Recovery - NEEDED FOR NANDROID BACKUP
-Titanium Backup (Download from the market if you don't have it) - YOU ONLY NEED THIS IF YOU DONT WANT TO OR CAN'T NANDROID BACKUP
Backup all your settings/apps/sms/network/APN/Data etc.
Using this method to unlock will wipe your data and apps too! (Factory Resets in other words)
But it's this method that actually resets some other things including your sim-lock status.
Guide - Method 2
1. MAKE A NANDROID BACKUP USING RECOVERY - (Completely switch off your phone, Press Volume down + Power button to get into bootloader, Volume down to recovery then press power button to get into Recovery. Volume down to "Backup and Restore" in recovery. Press Power to backup and your done!
(Make a backup in Titanium backup if you don't want to or can't nandroid backup. Menu > BAtch >Backup systems data + Apps with data)
2. Download PG58DIAG for the Sensation HERE or FROM MULTIUPLOAD
3. Copy the PG58DIAG file into the Root folder of your SD card (The main Folder of your Memory Card)
4. Turn off your phone Fully and reboot into the Bootloader/HBOOT screen (see post 2 on how to get to bootloader screen)
5. Press Volume Down to Enter DIAG - Place the phone horizontally when it asks you too. (Flat)
6. Press power button to select "Clean S58 Data
7. Press power again to "clean S58 Data".
8. POW - your unlocked! Try a SIM card from a different provider!
9. Delete the file from your SD Card (Delete PG58DIAG) and REBOOT!!
Your phone Will set up for the first time, go through it all till you get to your home screen
10. Go back into recovery and restore nandroid backup. same method as step 1 above. but instead of backup, you use restore feature
(Use Titanium Backup to restore if you used it to backup instead of Nandroid backup)(Menu > Batch > Restore System Data + Apps with user data)
Now you’re free to go! Bear in mind, though, in certain circumstances you will lose your data connectivity or network signal. You’ll just need to check your APN, network type etc. and re-enter them; Just run the nandroid restore to get everything back
Thanks to Dav22. for discovery of method 1
Dazweeja for his simple Code to find the unlock
sieempi for Method 2.
Thanks to Team Revolutionary for PG58DIAG and S-off
Don't forget to CLICK THANKS, VOTE and RATE if this guide worked for you.
don't forget to thank the above users too by clicking the links