the reason i created this thread is that many custom kernels for our X10 are having the feature of running init.d scripts at startup, BUT the problem is that some ROMS dont have the necessary/correct files in place for executing those scripts...
so i am attaching a easy to flash update.zip which contains these missing files required for full functionality of executing startup scripts...
use the following files only if u are not able to execute init.d startup scripts on ur current ROM
[ requirements ]
- rooted device with recovery installed
- kernel/other modifications which support init.d script execution (via sysinit) [exec /system/bin/sysinit]
[ download link ]
update.zip flashable via xRecovery-0.3-GBready (amend syntax)
[ additional info ]
- i have added the following things in the update.zip:
- corrected /system/bin/sysint file
- run-parts binary in /system/xbin/run-parts (which is basically busybox 1.16.2 binary)
- test/example script /system/etc/init.d/99test
- CM7-FreeXperia ROM already supports this execution so no need to flash it on that ROM
- if ur startup script is not correctly working then u need to make sure that u have the correct permissions on the script (just tick all 9 boxes using RootExplorer permissions pop-up)
let me know how it goes!