So after a while of looking for a way to port MIUI to the Optimus V, and failing miserably, I decided to create my own MIUI port-ish ROM.
The concept of this ROM is combining the stability and features of IHO mixed with the stylish look of MIUI.
This is just a little taste of what it will look like:
MIUI Launcher (based on qqlauncher)
File Expert (File Manager)
HTC_IME (MIUI Themed)
Custom MIUI Wallpapers
Custom MIUI lockscreen backgrounds
GOSMS and Go Contacts
MIUI Ringtones and Alarms
Things I still need to work on:
DONE WITH EVERYTHING!
Adding more MIUI apps ported to MDPI as I find them.
Download the ROM Here => MIUIHO.zip
(Mandatory!) Download Extra Files for MIUI-look and feel here => sdcardfiles.zip
Latest gapps=> gapps.zip
Stock Apps in case you want them back=> Stock_Apps.zip
1. Flash the MIUIHO.zip in recovery mode (remeber this is IHO/Backside. please use the IHO Recovery just in case)
2. Flash gapps
4. Go through usual Startup Setup
5. Choose your launcher
6. DON'T FREAK OUT! Everything looks stock, I know.
7. Go to your app launcher and launch Theme Chooser
8. (Obviously) Choose MIUI theme.
9. Download, if you haven't already, sdcard.zip and extract to the root of your SD card.
10. Reboot into recovery again.
11. Flash the zip called "statusbar_patch" in the TRANS folder.
12. Reboot system
13. TA-DA! Transparent statusbar with MIUI icons and launcher! MIUIHO is ready!
14. Go to GOSMS Pro and set it up, if not you will not get your texts (thanks pbailey212 for reminding me)
15. Install HTC_IME keyboard of your choice from the "HTC_IME Keyboards" folder found in the sdcard. (Images of keyboards below)
White with Blue:
16. If you have WidgetLocker, you can install a custom MIUI slider like the one in the screenshots. These sliders are found in the folder "WidgetLocker Themes" in your SDcard. There are different colors for more customization
"Hold your finger on the home screen for a while. Select Wallpapers from menu. From the next menu, select Live wallpapers. From the next menu, select MultiPicture Live Wallpaper. On next screen, tap on Settings, go to Common Settings - Picture Source. From the popup menu, choose either Single Picture or Picture Folder. On the prompt, do not forget to check "Use by default for this actions" and tap on MIUI Gallery. Go to wallpapers folder, choose a wallpaper, duh! Press back several times until you get back to the Set wallpaper screen. Tap on Set wallpaper. You are back to your homescreen."
Themes for QQ Launcher can be found here=> THEMES!
As you can see, I've added 3 different launchers, this is due to the fact that some people may prefer the MIUI Launcher(qqlauncher) look instead of the Touchwiz Launcher, or vice-versa.I decided to include the 3 for more customization. When you first install the ROM, you will have the option to choose which one you want after you setup your Google account.
Also, if you want to restore the stock apps, just download the Stock_Apps.zip and restore them using File Expert. If you need more info on how to do this, just post a comment and I'll write detailed instructions!
This ROM is based on Jerryscript's 8/25/11 build of IHO
Thanks to blarfiejandro for IHO ROM, SWEATAIMI for his guide on creating Custom ROMS, dax4182 for the TOUCHWIZ launcher and the people at the MIUI Forums