FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

UCKH3 Heimdall-One-Click [beta]

5,224 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,892

By AdamOutler, Retired Senior Recognized Developer on 28th August 2011, 04:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is UCKH3 packaged in Heimdall One-Click Format. Run it at your own risk. I am placing it here because I need a place to store the link on mediafire

http://files.teamkomin.com/Captivate...-One-Click.jar
As of today, this is the latest, greatest semi-official, leaked firmware for the Captivate--3SEP11

If anyone wants to try it out, go ahead, please leave feedback.

No time to do a full release thread about this right now... Working on the UnBrickable Mod platform and this file is required to finish the job.
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
28th August 2011, 05:44 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Could you do a UCKH3 instead?
28th August 2011, 05:58 AM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by whyareyou

Could you do a UCKH3 instead?

DIdn't realize there was a newer one. Yes. I'll get right on that.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdamOutler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AdamOutler Ad-Free
31st August 2011, 12:40 AM |#4  
Sydney
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hi thanks for this, im just about to try it now. Hows KH3 going?
1st September 2011, 04:09 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Summary: It kinda worked. I get garbled video with the camera and on bootup after the Samsung Galaxy animation.

Process:

I started on a semi-recent CM7.1 Nightly (90-ish).
I flashed to stock using AIO Captivate Toolkit. That got me to JF6. Note all download modes are initiated using USB jig.
As soon as I verified a good boot into stock, I fired up Heimdall One-Click, put the phone into Download mode and clicked the magic button...

It flashes, reboots, but then gets stuck at the white AT&T boot screen. No progress for many, many minutes. I get desperate and tried to shut it off. In the process, the phone reboots and begins what appears to be a normal boot process. This boot completes, but I'm left with the aforementioned artifacts - the camera doesn't work and I get garbled graphics on boot. Also, the phone feels laggy as heck.

I'm guessing I may have prematurely interrupted the initial boot process. To be honest, I wasn't tracking time, so I don't know if it was only 5 minutes or 15. I just know it didn't seem right and much, much slower than flashing to stock JF6 was.

I'm going to try a more conventional Odin flash to see if I get better results.
1st September 2011, 03:10 PM |#6  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moxie3000

I'm going to try a more conventional Odin flash to see if I get better results.

This did not include the params.lfs. I did not realize it at the time I released it. I will include a better version soon. I just needed something quick to support this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1242466
2nd September 2011, 03:36 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 663

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamOutler

Sorry, I can't release UCKH3, it's missing files. I'll see about other versions...

You can pull the missing files from KF1. That's what I did when I flashed KH3 when I managed to messup my phone playing around with Heimdall 1.3.0...

Guessing the missing files weren't updated so they weren't included with the exception of the primary bootloader.
4th September 2011, 05:28 AM |#9  
Updated to UCHK3 with missing files from UCKF1. This is the latest, greatest Samsung firmware as of today.
4th September 2011, 12:56 PM |#10  
Flag Maine
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Whats wrong
This might be a noob question but what am I doing wrong? I make it executable but it does nothing. I am running Ubuntu 10.10
4th September 2011, 03:20 PM |#11  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Trenton, Ohio
Thanks Meter: 584

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vdubguy

This might be a noob question but what am I doing wrong? I make it executable but it does nothing. I am running Ubuntu 10.10

Odin is for windows. Heimdall is the linux equivalent. So the file in the op probably won't help you on ubuntu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)