FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[SAMSUNG/HTC/LG]On-Device ProvXML TOOL[MANGO] - v0.9 - UPDATED WITH INTERNET SHARING

883 posts
Thanks Meter: 241

By Marvin_S, Retired Recognized Developer on 28th August 2011, 01:49 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
After the discovery of Contable of how to copy ProvXML files in Mango, we decided to make an application which will allow you to make registry edits and ProvXML files on the device.

We continued researching and analysing the provxml behaviour on Samsung Devices. After Snickler came up with a solution of bypassing the GPRS app, I continued investigating using provxml files from outside of the /provxml/ folder, and with some creative string codes I made it work on my device (tested it with reg edits, still need more people to confirm).

We added support for HTC and LG devices, LG is untested so Im not sure if it works, test at your own risk. If it does not work, could somebody explain me how provisioning on LGs works and volunteer as a tester.
HTC is tested but not very thoroughly, some things might (not) work.

If you have lost 3g connection after using: Go to settings --> cellular --> edit apn and fill in your providers apn. Add APN Manually before use.

Please follow these steps:
Phone should be fully unlocked: Devunlocked + MaxApps + Prevent Relock!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg
Views:	6225
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	702822Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	4314
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	702823Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-3.jpg
Views:	3506
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	702824

This version has limited LG support!! We are still investigating better support for LG devices. Any help is highly appreciated.

New icons/artwork thanks to MarysFetus!

Here some more informations about the updated version:

1. Copy PDF/Move PDF

Make sure you have installed the Adope Reader on your device.

=> With these functions you can copy/move .pdf files to \My Documents\ folder

You will find the copied/moved files in your Office Hub under locations => phone.

This will give you the following new possibilities by long pressing on the file name:

- send the file as email attachment
- upload the file to SkyDrive
- delete the file from Office Hub (\My Documents folder)

2. Copy/Move files from/to IsoStore

1. Download the attached "Ise_GUI_1.1.zip" file

2. Make sure you have the WP SDK 7.1 RC installed on your device, if not install it with the "vm_web2.exe" file from my package

3. Start the Isolated Storage Explorer (Ise_GUI_1.1 file from the package)

4. At the top type in the GUID of the app you want to access the Isolated Storage (e.g.: GUID DiagProvXML app: {566814df-f6b6-4154-8be5-9e65dce907c0})

4a. Press "Get Data" Button

5. Press "Download Data to my computer", create a new folder where the data from your device should be stored and download the data to your desktop

6. Inside the before created folder you will find a "IsolatedStore" folder, browse to this folder and add the files of your choice

7. Press "Upload folder to Isolated Storage", choose the "IsolatedStore" folder where you have added your files and upload them to your device

To add a custom Alert (will overwrite default sounds, so make sure you backup):
1. Make sure you have a ringtone stored in Iso Storage according to the method above (it needs to be in the iso storage root!).
2. Select the option Move (from Iso Storage) or Copy (from Iso Storage)
3. Type the destination path '\Windows\' and the filename should be Alert-XX.wma with XX: 01 - 10

Now you can your own custom alert sound will be available.

We plan to bake in more know registry tweaks and we need your help for this. If you want to have registry tweaks added, please post them in this form so we can directly add them to the app:
Code:
LineOne = "Enable 3G Toggle", LineTwo = "Display 3G Toggle in settings", Path = @"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity\CellularCPL", Name = "DehydrateOnPause", Value = "1", DataType = "integer"
Where LineOne is the title, LineTwo is the subtitle both obligatory. All the others are optional. If they are filled in the user will not be able to edit them. If the user has to select a certain value than do this:
Code:
LineOne = "3G Toggle", LineTwo = "Disable or Enable 3G Toggle", Path = @"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Connectivity\CellularCPL", Name = "DehydrateOnPause", Value = "", DataType = "integer"
Note that value now is empty, this will unlock the value field and the user can add a custom value now (1 to enable, 0 to disable).

A custom key would look like this
Code:
LineOne = "Custom", LineTwo = "Add custom key", Path = @"", Name = "", Value = "", DataType = ""
The user has to fill in all fields now.

So if you would like us to add certain keys, please type them in this form and we can quickly add them.

Thank you for donations:
rbrsddn confirmation number 0BD5899347870703A
BigwaveMx confirmation number 8CP346899B634894S

Marvin_S & Contable & Snickler

Update 0.91:
Added xml to quickly activate internet sharing (currently tested on omnia7 only, might work on other devices)
You can find it in the tab iso storage "Tap and Hold" Internet Sharing, click "execute" to apply.
Attached Files
File Type: xap DiagProvXMLv0.91_IS.xap - [Click for QR Code] (251.5 KB, 18214 views)
The Following 40 Users Say Thank You to Marvin_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marvin_S Ad-Free

28th August 2011, 01:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2,127

More
Wow, sounds great! Will try it if I've got some free time Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to experience7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift experience7 Ad-Free
28th August 2011, 02:02 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 997

Donate to Me
More
Thanks again for the very good cooperation ! I hope we can extend it step by step...

Best regards, my friend

contable
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to contable For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift contable Ad-Free
28th August 2011, 03:15 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag Dub V
Thanks Meter: 1,122

Donate to Me
More
This progress makes me ecstatic. I was thinking up a way to do the same thing but I was beat to it . Looks like I'm going back to nodo in order to try this out! Thanks!
28th August 2011, 03:34 PM |#5  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,473

Donate to Me
More
Hey guys, nice work. Do you have a way of copying files from your Mango device to the desktop? Install Advanced Explorer, then use your app to copy a file to the isolated storage from Advanced Explorer and then use Advanced Explorer to send the file to the desktop. I ask this because I'm interested to analyze some files from a live Mango device.

Thanks,
Heathcliff74

PS. I don't have Mango myself, because I'm still very busy on developing on NoDo.
28th August 2011, 03:44 PM |#6  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff74

Hey guys, nice work. Do you have a way of copying files from your Mango device to the desktop? Install Advanced Explorer, then use your app to copy a file to the isolated storage from Advanced Explorer and then use Advanced Explorer to send the file to the desktop. I ask this because I'm interested to analyze some files from a live Mango device.

Thanks,
Heathcliff74

PS. I don't have Mango myself, because I'm still very busy on developing on NoDo.

In theory yes, we will implement this soon. But it is possible. Indeed the advanced explorer is a great solution to transfer files back and forth.
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvin_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marvin_S Ad-Free
28th August 2011, 03:55 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_S

In theory yes, we will implement this soon. But it is possible. Indeed the advanced explorer is a great solution to transfer files back and forth.

Ok. If I would give you a small list of files (probably 3 files), would you be willing to get them from your device and mail them to me?

Thanks very much!
Heathcliff74

Sent from my OMNIA7 using XDA Windows Phone 7 App
28th August 2011, 03:58 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 997

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks,

Heathcliff74

Hi Heathcliff,

I allready found a way to copy files from device to desktop via email. Thanks for advanced Explorer hint. Just PM me the filenames with path and I will send you the Mango files asap.

Best regards

contable

The Following User Says Thank You to contable For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift contable Ad-Free
28th August 2011, 04:28 PM |#9  

Donate to Me
More
Is there anybody who has samsung specific code (which will still work on Mango) to copy files from the isolated storage to other parts of the phone. I will need this to prevent people from having to downgrade to NoDo first. It will be very helpfull, I know about semi-functional file explorers with samsung dlls which still work on Mango, but can we copy files with these dlls?
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvin_S For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marvin_S Ad-Free
28th August 2011, 06:24 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin_S

Is there anybody who has samsung specific code (which will still work on Mango) to copy files from the isolated storage to other parts of the phone. I will need this to prevent people from having to downgrade to NoDo first. It will be very helpfull, I know about semi-functional file explorers with samsung dlls which still work on Mango, but can we copy files with these dlls?

As far as I know that is not possible.

28th August 2011, 06:56 PM |#11  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

As far as I know that is not possible.

Oke, thats a bummer, but not a big problem.

Im working on the implementation of copy/delete now. Ill add copy to/from Advanced Explorer. Do you know the path to the files in advanced explorer? This will save me some time, since i have no file browse tools here.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
provxml, xap

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)