FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

3e Recovery Tool Installer works on Captivate!

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Natwill2007, Junior Member on 31st August 2011, 02:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I wanted to post this in the Development section but I'm too "new".

This has the fix when you are on a 2.2 stock Froyo and can not
install unsigned .zip files.

The installer will give you 2e permissions instead.

1. Unzip the file.
2. Debugging "on" in your phone.
3. Plug your phone in. (make sure any anti-virus software on the phone is disabled)
4. Double click the BAT file. Rage against the cage will do the rest.
5. The phone will reboot. You can now install unsigned .zip files and ROM Manager will work as well.

If you use ROM Manager be sure to boot into recovery thru ROM Manager and
re-install packages twice. Then re-boot your phone.

Running FireFly 3.0 The Gold Standard

Attached Files
File Type: zip 3e_recovery_installer.zip - [Click for QR Code] (494.1 KB, 1071 views)

31st August 2011, 03:44 PM |#2  
Flag Nashville, TN
Thanks Meter: 4,070

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the effort...BUT this was posted months ago, and is stickied in the general section. check it out (method 1)...http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1052991
12th September 2011, 05:52 PM |#3  
Flag Indianapolis IN
Thanks Meter: 532

More
Hey I tried this and it isn't working. I clicked install.bat, and it said it installed succesfully then i flashed clockworkmod recovery on and tried to install Cognition 4 from zip and it starts to do its thing then just stops and asks me if I want to reboot and thats all she wrote. ARGH I'm getting so frustrated. Samsung and AT&T just need to leave this stuff alone! Who cares if I mod my phone its my freaking phone! /vent

Alright now I got that out of the way anyone know why its not working on my phone? Build #1009 with Froyo pre-installed.

EDIT I finally got it to go. Guess I had to read the instructions the whole way. I selected "reinstall packages" and finally clockworkmod came up and I was able to install my cognition 4.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)