FORUMS

[Q] Regarding Huawei E1732 3G USB Modem Unlocking.

17 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By matt2k7, Junior Member on 2nd September 2011, 09:36 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
All right this might not be "on the right track" thing but here goes
It has been more than six months since Idea cellular (India) released
the customized firmware version 11.126.16.00.356 for the Huawei E1732 (E173du-1) 7.2 Mbps USB modem,till this date there's no unlocking solution for the device due to this customization.

On doing some research on the subject I came across the fact that the device is not asking for the unlock code when a locked SIM/UIM is inserted in it because its maximum unlock retries left has already been set to 0.
I tried various tools but none of them was able to reset the counter.

I was able to extract the NVR using QPST and the EFS using Revskills (though I'm not sure I was able to extract the EFS completely) and perso.txt from the efs using EFS Explorer.

One more thing there's no firmware upgrade or downgrade available anywhere
to solve this problem.The only firmware available is the locked one its a 7zip based installer so the stuff inside it can be extracted using software like universal extractor.

I am attaching the stuff I have extracted from the modem and the locked Firmware itself.Any kind of help or guidance is welcomed.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Huawei e1732.rar - [Click for QR Code] (7.43 MB, 22722 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to matt2k7 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift matt2k7 Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 03:44 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Unhappy A last try.
Huawei guys have eaten a lot of money from Idea cellular and set the default lock counter to 0 attempts left out of 10 if somehow this could be changed the device can be unlocked.Please I also tried to send AT command using Diag port but it returned with CME error 3 Help.
4th September 2011, 11:20 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
unlock huawei data card
i know how can unlock idea data card e1732.use ort _jtag
4th September 2011, 03:17 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Unhappy
plz help i downgrade through this version firmware that you provided as attachment

but now

modem is not reading the idea sim also plz help me brother as soon as possible

plz
plz

plz

plz

e [email protected]
contact-+91-9475538134
4th September 2011, 07:08 PM |#5  

More
Smile How to unlock huawei e1732.?
Hey plz tell me how to unlock using ort_itag.....
Plz
5th December 2011, 12:25 AM |#6  

More
At current moment free solution for one week provide inspire-device.com. We can unlock device and than compare resutls and make own solution...
11th December 2011, 01:40 PM |#7  

More
How to extract firmware from modem.
i want to extract customized firmware version of 11.810.09.21.356 huawei E367
idea 21.6 Mbps
20th January 2014, 08:40 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up Thank
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt2k7

All right this might not be "on the right track" thing but here goes
It has been more than six months since Idea cellular (India) released
the customized firmware version 11.126.16.00.356 for the Huawei E1732 (E173du-1) 7.2 Mbps USB modem,till this date there's no unlocking solution for the device due to this customization.

On doing some research on the subject I came across the fact that the device is not asking for the unlock code when a locked SIM/UIM is inserted in it because its maximum unlock retries left has already been set to 0.
I tried various tools but none of them was able to reset the counter.

I was able to extract the NVR using QPST and the EFS using Revskills (though I'm not sure I was able to extract the EFS completely) and perso.txt from the efs using EFS Explorer.

One more thing there's no firmware upgrade or downgrade available anywhere
to solve this problem.The only firmware available is the locked one its a 7zip based installer so the stuff inside it can be extracted using software like universal extractor.

I am attaching the stuff I have extracted from the modem and the locked Firmware itself.Any kind of help or guidance is welcomed.

Good Job
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
huawei, unlock

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)