[Q] Problems with temp/perm rooting mT4G

Search This thread

tayter_tot

Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Okay, so I used to have a temp/perm root on my mT4G. Then I got a replacement b/c my "POWER" button was jammed & wouldn't work. Now that I have the replacement, it will not root...not even temp root. After installing VISIONary, I selected the 1st & 3rd options and hit temproot. It runs the VISIONary splash sceen.........then shows a blank screen w/the status bar still visible (I can drop the bar down, & use the other functions inside it, but I cannot "BACKOUT" of the blank screen). So, I hit the home key & ran "Root Check" I DL'd from the Android Market: Advanced (selected), then hit "Verify Root Access" twice; in the detailed results it gave me this:

Root Access is not properly configured or was not granted.

Superuser.apk - com.noshufou.android.su - version 2.3.6.3 is installed!

The adb binary is set to default shell user access as a standard non-root user

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/bin/su:

/system/bin/su: No such file or directory

Standard su binary location: ls -l /system/xbin/su:

/system/xbin/su: No such file or directory

Alternate su binary location:
/sbin/su: Permission denied

SU binary not found or not operation properly

Can anyone help me figure out what this mean? I didn't run into this problem when rooting my phone before the replacement...I was just able to root/unroot with ease. I don't want to perm root my replacement phone b/c I don't want to void the warranty (I need another replacement b/c the speaker makes my callers sound distorted.) Please help, thanks. :)

tayter_tot

Aug 12, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Yeh, it is the 2.3.4 version...that sux. :( How would I go about downgrading (I'm a little new to this whole during thing but I learn quickly)?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App