FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE] How To Make a Goldcard/Goldcard Generator

115 posts
Thanks Meter: 78

By DeadlyCords, Senior Member on 4th September 2011, 03:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
BEFORE YOU START:

Although I do not own an HTC device any longer, I know from experience how frustrating and hard it can be to root it. Therefore I have created this simple guide to help anyone who is struggling with creating a goldcard and downgrading their device, for newbies and veterans alike.

***IMPORTANT: NEW Goldcard website, provided by Gene Poole
http://huygens.hoxnet.com/goldcard.html

See Post #2 For The Guide

*** A HUGE THANK YOU TO Gene Poole. He has created a script to create your own gold card image (see step 4 in guide) - all rights to this script are his. Thank you also to Operator 3 for the mini guide on how to use the gcard.exe, thanks also to glevitan for responding so promptly to image requests on the thread

***IMPORTANT: To find your CID:
Quote:

Use Goldcard Helper from the play store: (Found Here)

OR
Quote:

Open ASTRO File Manager
Navigate to sys/class/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:0001 (you’ll find that 0001 will be different on your device)
Long press on the CID file
Select Open As and then Text
Select File Editor
You’ll be given a long number, make a note of this.

***NOTE that you might need mmc1 or mmc0, depending on the SD card which you use

Scroll Down For Guide, and don't forget to thank me if I helped
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to DeadlyCords For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeadlyCords Ad-Free

4th September 2011, 04:13 AM |#2  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
GUIDE:

Preliminary Step: Take a deep breath, and be patient. This is a simple guide, but can be frustrating, especially if revskills is down. Any damage you do to your phone is your own responsibility, and will only happen if you aren't patient or do not follow the steps properly.

1. Format the microSD card to FAT32. ***Note: THIS WILL WIPE ALL THE DATA ON YOUR SD CARD - make a backup first!

2. Launch GoldCard Helper on your phone. (Download Here)

3. Write down the ‘Card:mmc2, Reverse CID’ value, making sure to use mmc2 and not mmc1. (For how to find CID look at first post)

4. Go to this page and enter the reverse CID or normal CID and follow the instructions. Alternatively, use the following method to create your own gold card image (all credit to Gene Poole for gcard.exe and Operator 3 for the steps to generate goldcard.IMG):

Quote:
Originally Posted by operator 3

1. Unpack gcard.exe to C:\gcard
2. Start CMD as administrator.
3. Type, then press ENTER after each command:
cd c:\gcard
gcard.exe -r -c 00CA00E2EBD41C804732335553445303 -o Chiffinske.img

Replace the long series of numbers with your REVERSE CID

5. Launch HxD hex editor (download here) on your computer by right-clicking it and clicking ‘Run as Administrator’.

6. Mount your SD card to your computer - MAKE SURE IT IS FAT32 FORMATTED!

7. Go to ‘Extra’ menu > ‘Open Disk’

8. Select Removable Disk (which should be your SD card) under Physical Disk (NOT LOGICAL DISK!), uncheck ‘Open as Readonly’ and click OK.

9. Go to the ‘Extra’ > ‘Open Disk Image’ again and this time open the goldcard image that was sent to you.

10. Select ’512 (Hard disks/Floppy disks)’ as the sector size when prompted and click ‘OK’.

11. In the goldcard image tab, go to ‘Edit’ > ‘Select All’ and then ‘Edit’ >’Copy’.

12. In the ‘Removable Disk’ tab, highlight offset (line) 00000000 to offset (line) 00000170 including the 00000170 line and go to ’Edit’ menu > ‘Paste Write’.

13. Click ‘File’ > ‘Save’ and accept any warning that you get.

Congratulations - You now have a goldcard!

You can now downgrade your phone in order to flash custom ROMs

Good Luck!

Remember to thank me if i helped you!
The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to DeadlyCords For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DeadlyCords Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 12:00 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thumbs up
Thanks, it works great! Was able to flash from GB 2.3.3 stock HTC Desire Z back down to 2.2. Just rooted now, and in the process of flashing Unity rom.

Thanks for the help!
The Following User Says Thank You to pogox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pogox Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 02:18 PM |#4  
Flag Benschop
Thanks Meter: 0

More
This is awesome, I really spent the whole weekend reading tutorials on how to downgrade my Desire HD, alle guides directing to the psas revskills website, which is out of order obviously.

I have sent you 2 pm's: The first one has the wrong Reverse CID (mmc0). I will have to bare the shame with me for the rest of my n00b life.

The second pm has the correct CID (mmc2) I hope you can help me out! Thanks anyway!

Edit
I see now that I have to include the normal CID as well, I guess this step has just been added? I have used Google to search for a guide on doing this, but can't find any. I have the Android SDK installed, anyone knows how I can use it to obtain the CID? Thanks!

Edit
Sent a third e-mail, now with all the info you need. Sorry for the confusion I may have caused.
4th September 2011, 03:50 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
https://market.android.com/details?i...also_installed

Can this be used to get the CID?
4th September 2011, 04:46 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
This is how I found my CID.

Open ASTRO File Manager
Navigate to sys/class/mmc_host/mmc2/mmc2:0001 (you’ll find that 0001 will be different on your device)
Select File Editor
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to htbracy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift htbracy Ad-Free
4th September 2011, 09:13 PM |#7  
Flag Bengaluru

More
Unhappy can you generate it for wildfire(Buzz)?
I know this is thread is under Desire HD, But can i get a GOLD CARD image for my wildfire buzz(MMC1) please?
Because the Gold card generator website (PSAS) is down and not working!

Please help me out DeadlyCords!
5th September 2011, 05:27 AM |#8  
Flag Nebraska
Thanks Meter: 444

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by htbracy

This is how I found my CID.

Open ASTRO File Manager
Select File Editor

Interesting... couldn't find any file of the sort once I got into .../mmc_host/mmc2/

EDIT: nevermind, got it
5th September 2011, 09:00 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

More
Hey guys - i have received over 46 PM's so i will get to each and every one of you as soon as i have time - later on tonight...
5th September 2011, 09:34 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyCords

Hey guys - i have received over 46 PM's so i will get to each and every one of you as soon as i have time - later on tonight...

Thanks so much... I feel like such a loser without root
5th September 2011, 10:28 AM |#11  

More
thanks
thanks budy !!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)