FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: Would you rely solely on the MT4Gs on a vacation (indoors, outdoors, family, party)?

YES! Photos are great and I'm confident in it.

25 Vote(s)
71.43%
Nope! The photo quality just isn't there yet.

3 Vote(s)
8.57%
Probably not... No zoom, xenon, etc. is a problem.

2 Vote(s)
5.71%
No. I can't risk my phone in certain situations.

1 Vote(s)
2.86%
I would bring my digital camera as a backup.

4 Vote(s)
11.43%

Would you rely on the MT4Gs for vacation photos?

2,453 posts
Thanks Meter: 37

By hah2110, Senior Member on 5th September 2011, 05:59 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Basically as the title suggests.... If going on vacation, would you rely on the MyTouch 4G Slide as your vacation camera? Is the quality okay? Would the lack of a zoom stop you? What about that if you want someone else to take your picture, you have to hand over your phone to them!?

5th September 2011, 07:00 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would definitely replace my point and shoot with this phone. The different options on the mytouch are nice, and the quality looks superior. Then again, my camera is a few years old. And there is zoom on the phone; you can use the volume keys to zoom in and out.
5th September 2011, 07:10 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by giangdude

I would definitely replace my point and shoot with this phone. The different options on the mytouch are nice, and the quality looks superior. Then again, my camera is a few years old. And there is zoom on the phone; you can use the volume keys to zoom in and out.

Thanks. The zoom is digital though - not optical. Technically speaking, there is no reason to ever use a digital zoom. It is better to take the whole picture and crop it later.
5th September 2011, 07:21 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Oh, I didn't know that's what you meant. I'm not much of a photography buff, but for simple things like vacation pictures I think that the quality and digital zoom are more than sufficient. And since I would likely be bringing my phone along anyway, the convenience is great.
5th September 2011, 08:49 PM |#5  
Flag Wilmington!
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Where is the "I dont have a choice, I dont own a digital camera" button?
5th September 2011, 10:29 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 244

More
Easily. It's a great camera.
5th September 2011, 11:03 PM |#7  
Flag Charleston, SC metro area
Thanks Meter: 222

More
Hell no.

My son is 9 months and is constantly moving. I just can rarely ever get a good shot of him! Any tips?

Sent from my A500 using XDA Premium App
6th September 2011, 01:25 AM |#8  
Flag Wilmington, DE
Thanks Meter: 63

More
I will, cause i'm lazy and don't want to lug around a camera and phone to universal studios.
The pictures will be as they will be, good or bad. I just dont have the pocket space for all the devices
6th September 2011, 01:54 AM |#9  
Flag Gilbert, AZ.
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I work in photography for a living. That is why I chose this phone and I have been very pleased with my photos using this phone. I personally no longer carry a point and shoot.
6th September 2011, 09:35 AM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I voted no.

If you compare the size of the lens with one of a good point and shoot (don't even try to compare with dslr) then you'll know that there's a quality difference.

The phone makes pretty good snapshots but i expect a little more when i'm on holiday.

http://www.robvonk.com/digitale-fotografie/fotos/
6th September 2011, 01:07 PM |#11  
Flag Honolulu
Thanks Meter: 956

More
Absolutely YES.

I'm a professional photographer and have been shooting for over 10 years.

Let me just keep it simple. 99.9% of the time (nowadays) when you shoot pics you just end up emailing them, uploading them to FB, keeping it on your computer etc...

The MT4GS camera is excellent for producing pictures to share online or to even print.

There is no need to have a separate point and shoot. The MT4GS has great built in options to do action, micro, panorama etc....utilize those and you'll be amazed.

Just buy a few extra batteries: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1224178

...and a good SD card: http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-MicroSDH.../dp/B004AM610M

You're all set. Have fun on your vacation!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)