[TWEAK] Infuse 4G [GB] [Froyo] Network build.prop tweak for better 4G speeds.

561 posts
Thanks Meter: 80

By SSJ_Gomike, Senior Member on 6th September 2011, 03:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
****If this tweak helped your network speed in anyway, please hit that little THANKS button below ****

Alright, first let me say that I do not live in a hspa+ area. But I used to (Ft. Lauderdale) and I know what it was like to get 4-6 mbps downloads.
Where I live now I get excited if I broke the 2 mbps threshold. But supposedly AT&T says I should be getting speeds closer to 3-4 mbps down in my area.

So I have been doing a lot of tweaking to see if I can get better speeds and I believe I have found it.
Anyone can do this, even a noob.... But for me I use SU file manager which is similar to root explorer and works the same.

You simply edit your build.prop file and change the value to those below. I usually copy my current build.prop to my sd card, edit that one then copy and paste to /system.

Don't forget to reboot - TWICE for network changes to stick!

As always neither I or anyone else is responsible if you mess up your phone. You should always have a current nand backup for anytime you tweak your phone. Also a build.prop backup copy is a plus.

UPDATE: If you are missing any of these in your build.prop, you must add them. See last pic below for how mine looks.

ro.ril.hsxpa=3
ro.ril.gprsclass=12
ro.ril.hep=1
ro.ril.enable.dtm=1
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=20
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.enable.a53=1
ro.ril.enable.3g.prefix=1

What will this do? Well for me it more then doubled my network speed. I have attached a speedtest.net screen shot to show the difference for me though I should note that I use Root Metrics coverage map for testing purposes.

Will it work for you? Most likely.
Will it hurt to try? No.
Will you be stoked if it does? Hell yeah.
Will the world end if it doesn't? Nope.

Sent from my Samsung Infuse 4G - 1.6ghz
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SSJ_Gomike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SSJ_Gomike Ad-Free
6th September 2011, 03:19 AM |#2  
Flag Oak Forest
Thanks Meter: 9

More
In to see reviews will test later.
6th September 2011, 03:39 AM |#3  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 92

More
**placeholder**

Will post before and after results soon.

Edit:
Sidnt see much of a difference. Mostly could be network congestion.

Sent from my SGH-I997 using XDA App
6th September 2011, 03:58 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
The only Ro.Ril options i have in build prop are the first 2 you list. should i add them or should they already be there?
6th September 2011, 03:59 AM |#5  
Flag ANKENY,iowa
Thanks Meter: 375

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell

The only Ro.Ril options i have in build prop are the first 2 you list. should i add them or should they already be there?

Yea me to I'm lost bro. There's only two

.......infuse.....Infused....infusion.........
6th September 2011, 04:03 AM |#6  
Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Someone posted tweaks like this when I had my HTC inspire it worked for some areas but not others, I remember having to add lines I didn't have, I'll give this a try on my infuse and see what happens

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using XDA Premium App
The Following User Says Thank You to rob1216 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rob1216 Ad-Free
6th September 2011, 04:16 AM |#7  
Senior Recognized Developer
Flag Owego, NY
Thanks Meter: 25,481

Donate to Me
More
hsxpa=3 = invalid value

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk
6th September 2011, 04:17 AM |#8  
Flag Las Vegas, NV
Thanks Meter: 121

More
4G build.prop edit
True...this thread is a "Q&A" topic, but since it's currently here I'll shoot. My build.prop doesn't contail an ro.ril. section to edit. With that said, I'm currently stock with community voodoo kernel v8 flashed on top. Any ideas?

Regardless of the wrong thread placement, thank you for sharing so as to further polish this sexy device! Thanks again!!
6th September 2011, 04:20 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by the2rrell

If you do not have the others, you need to add to your build.prop.

Will add that to OP.
6th September 2011, 04:21 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy512

hsxpa=3 = invalid value

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

Try it and you'll see that it's not.
6th September 2011, 04:23 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Miami

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrick_1

True...this thread is a "Q&A" topic, but since it's currently here I'll shoot. My build.prop doesn't contail an ro.ril. section to edit. With that said, I'm currently stock with community voodoo kernel v8 flashed on top. Any ideas?

Regardless of the wrong thread placement, thank you for sharing so as to further polish this sexy device!

Where did you get this was a "Q&A" topic? This is a build.prop tweak....clearly dev...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SSJ_Gomike For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SSJ_Gomike Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)