FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Best non extended batteries

3,293 posts
Thanks Meter: 517

By cmstlist, Senior Member on 8th September 2011, 02:00 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
What are the best value for performance spare batteries I can get, that don't require an extended battery door? Any particular eBay or Amazon sellers?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

8th September 2011, 04:21 AM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag FL
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Well ATM I got MugenPower stock size 1650mAh battery which fits Thunderbolt and MT4G. Look up my old posts under this account and you can find review as I posted the stats last week regarding the batstats.
8th September 2011, 04:38 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggNA

Well ATM I got MugenPower stock size 1650mAh battery which fits Thunderbolt and MT4G. Look up my old posts under this account and you can find review as I posted the stats last week regarding the batstats.

Good to know, thanks! It's a pricey battery though. For much less than that cost I could buy two extra stock batteries on Amazon.
8th September 2011, 01:25 PM |#4  
Flag FL

More
True but I wouldn't trust those worthless no name brand nor use it if you give it to me free. In that case if you do go in that path then go 3-4 threads down below yours and you will find a thread about 1700mAh battery. So read that before you buy it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier
8th September 2011, 03:28 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Notice I said *stock* batteries. Some North American sellers are actually listing cheap OEM batteries from HTC. Presumably if those turn out to be lousy fakes, the buyer protection applies?

8th September 2011, 05:04 PM |#6  
Flag FL

More
That's the thing I don't do ebay or amazon. If its OEM ill pay HTC and get it from them or reputable authorized dealer. Most of the BS is Chinese fakes with branded name claiming it to be something its not.

Unless you actually have software and hardware like me to test it you wouldt know it as I tested my battery and more than happy with the result. But if you want to carry 2-3batteries then hey its your call.

As I said on that thread they offering 2x1700mAh batteries for like $35. So you may want to look in to it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier
8th September 2011, 06:20 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
These are examples of ones advertised to be OEM at about $10 apiece:
http://www.amazon.com/T-mobile-MyTou.../dp/B004CGDYTM
http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Batte.../dp/B004TEYP0Y

Carrying around a spare battery is what I was always doing with my Nexus One. I have a universal external charger already.
9th September 2011, 04:47 AM |#8  
LA
Thanks Meter: 57

More
I got a seidio 1600mAh on ebay for 15.99 + 4.99 shipping.

Its original and actually holds a good charge!
9th September 2011, 07:10 AM |#9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AggNA

As I said on that thread they offering 2x1700mAh batteries for like $35. So you may want to look in to it.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

How about the Anker 1700 mAh batteries? Looks like there are eBay merchants willing to ship those to Canada. US$8.99 + $5 shipping for one battery. US$17.99 + $5 shipping for two plus a charger.

The movable-pin charger looks identical to the PowerGen one I already have, save for different branding. I suppose if I end up with two, I could just sell one off
13th September 2011, 05:36 PM |#10  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 2,857

Donate to Me
More
The OEM Battery is only 1400mAh most of the spare batterys are cheap chinese fakes.

Try comparing ebay & amazon. Use this ebay link.

Hope you get the right one.
13th September 2011, 06:15 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Toronto

More
The link you sent is indeed for an OEM battery, but I believe it's used / refurbished.

I ended up ordering two Anker batteries. They're reported to be decent quality, even if they don't quite match the 1700 mAh claim.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)