FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

headphone adapter with remote controls?

606 posts
Thanks Meter: 294

By ozkaya, Senior Member on 8th September 2011, 04:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Does anyone know of an inline headphone adapter that has remote controls and I can plug my own earphones into? I'm talking about something like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Headp.../dp/B002J1SCRQ
I heard iphone adapters like above kinda works for Mortplayer and Mixzing (one click pause, two click skip forward but not volume etc.) Anyone tried these or a better solution? I don't want to use the stock ones nor cut and solder a female jack. Thanks

8th September 2011, 09:17 PM |#2  
Flag Guaynabo
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I have one of those, I use it with my old 2nd gen iPod touch when I run... To be honest I've never tried it with my phone but I can test it tonight if you want, just lemme know what app you'd like me to test with. Personally I'm partial to Headset Button Controller since you can pair it up with any music app or even Tasker for other tasks... I still use HTC's stock player most of the time (unless I'm playing Pandora or stuff from my Amazon cloud), the lock screen controls are the most seamlessly integrated imo.

I can almost guarantee the volume buttons won't work for any function tho. I also have a Philips adapter that they used to sell at Target, it's like 3 ft long with the single button, microphone and 3.5mm jack both at the end of the cable... Used to be like $10, haven't seen it in a while tho.

Rather than spend $10+ on a cable tho, I'd recommend just gettin a solid set of IEMs from someone like Meelectronics with the mic/button integrated and positioned at a proper height in the cable. I bought my M9P for like $20 with a discount and according to many on Head-Fi they rival some of the $50 IEMs... They definitely sound better than my old Senheisser CX300 (paid like $60 for those but that was years ago when there were next to no budget IEMs).

You know, unless you have a very specific need for the adapter or you already have a high end pair of headphones.

My 2c
The Following User Says Thank You to Impulses For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Impulses Ad-Free
8th September 2011, 09:39 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I preorder these http://www.klipsch.com/image-S4A-headphones
8th September 2011, 10:00 PM |#4  
Flag Guaynabo

More
I wonder how the Android version of the S4 will handle volume control in conjunction with their app... Could make it worth the price, generally they're nice but not quite worth $100 from what I've read (again, Head Fi's a great place for headphone comparison etc).
8th September 2011, 11:46 PM |#5  
Flag outside of ATL, GA
Thanks Meter: 480

More
I have a Acoustic Research Bluetooth adaptor that turns any headphones/speakers into wireless Bluetooth headphone/speakers. It has controls on it for skipping tracks and volume. It works perfect and I love it!!

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium
8th September 2011, 11:49 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulses

I wonder how the Android version of the S4 will handle volume control in conjunction with their app... Could make it worth the price, generally they're nice but not quite worth $100 from what I've read (again, Head Fi's a great place for headphone comparison etc).

i got the klipsch promedias which are basically the same, and the control definitely works but both the music and the phone app try to handle the events. so double-clicking it skips to the next song and at the same time redials the last number. it works well for pause/resume though.
8th September 2011, 11:54 PM |#7  
Flag Daytona Beach, Fl
Thanks Meter: 797

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by catpunt

i got the klipsch promedias which are basically the same, and the control definitely works but both the music and the phone app try to handle the events. so double-clicking it skips to the next song and at the same time redials the last number. it works well for pause/resume though.

Pretty sure that is your rom you're using.. they haven't properly switched the remote to only work when in a call state or some such. Remote shouldn't do anything but control the music app unless the phone is ringing or you're already using it.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
9th September 2011, 12:01 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silentbtdeadly

Pretty sure that is your rom you're using.. they haven't properly switched the remote to only work when in a call state or some such. Remote shouldn't do anything but control the music app unless the phone is ringing or you're already using it.

i agree, i should have mentioned my phone is completely stock with the latest firmware update.
9th September 2011, 02:23 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Wait, so we can buy headphones which have the iPod like remotes on the cord right? Haven't been sure and didn't want to take the plunge yet.
9th September 2011, 04:07 AM |#10  
Flag Guaynabo

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdH33t

Wait, so we can buy headphones which have the iPod like remotes on the cord right? Haven't been sure and didn't want to take the plunge yet.

Yes
9th September 2011, 04:56 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 294

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impulses

I have one of those, I use it with my old 2nd gen iPod touch when I run... To be honest I've never tried it with my phone but I can test it tonight if you want, just lemme know what app you'd like me to test with.

Would you be able to test it with stock Sense music player? I'm wondering if it would make pause and skip next tracks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)