if anyone is using this version i will highly recommend that they update to:
Boot Manager for X10
it has many more features than the ones posted here...
---[ UPDATE ]----
so here is the prerooted stock kernel for unlocked bootloaders...
use [Dev] Bypass "bootloader" [PROPER METHOD] to unlock bootloader...
thanks to the_laser to openly release this unlock...
DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS AS TO HOW TO UNLOCK BOOTLOADER, FOR THAT INFO REFER TO the_laser's thread...
The reason i have created this is till we can do some advanced work using the unlock bootloader users should atleast be able to use the older (bootloader bypass method) kernel loading... with this kernel as base u can mount other kernels using our usual ways [that is flashing kernel packages via recovery and using older chargemons for custom kernel loading]
[ features ]
- this is stock 2.3.3 kernel (2.6.29-00054-g5f01537)
- additional stuff added: (to ramdisk)
- autoroot feature (very simple rooting)
- advanced init.d scripts execution support (fixed in v3)
- busybox already installed in /sbin
- xRecovery-0.3-GBready [thanks to zdzihu] directly integrated in kernel (ramdisk) [no need to worry abt trashed flashes]
- xRecovery in ramdisk is given preference over chargemon (so pressing BACK key repeatedly, when u see new logo, w will take u to the recovery in main kernel)
- i have also added a fix which will allow the old "reboot into recovery" option in flashtool to now work
- to distinguish between which recovery is actually getting called i have changed the background image of xrecovery (check changelog of v2 for details)
- corrected Superuser file replacement (if Superuser.apk is already present when the kernel is flashed the first time it will not be replaced) [thanks to Androxyde for pointing that out]
[ Requirements ]
- bootloader unlocked device
- latest SE FW 3.0.1.G.0.75 or ROM based on that FW
[ Donations ]
if u feel that this work has helped u OR u think that the work i put into making this is worthy of donations, then click on the following link for buying me some coffee/beer/etc
PAYPAL DONATION LINK
[ FOR UR INFO ]
if u are going to use any part of the ramdisk i created, atleast credit me and link back to my thread
[ download link ]
- x10_2.3.3_stock-with-xrecovery-v3.ftf (changelog)
[ MD5HASH : 1d0229a86039720f21f0b158599d8168 ]
- stock wifi modules [ mirror ] (can be flashed via recovery)
< OLD FILES >
[ how to install ]
- flash using flashtool
- if required flash stock wifi modules
IF U HAVE UNLOCKED THE BOOTLOADER PROPERLY,
FLASHING VIA FLASHTOOL WILL SUCCEED
AND U WILL SEE NEW BOOT LOGO AT STARTUP
NO MORE SE TEXT LOGO
SOME IMP INFO REGARDING NEW BOOTUP STEPS