Just received my RMA'd dock back from Grapevine. They turned it around in 1 day, but broke it in the process. The MobileDock Battery saving mode now works perfectly, but no matter what, the dock will not charge the tablet. I have the dual battery widget, and it shows the tablet at 47% and not charging, the dock is at 99% and charging.
The tablet charges fine when I plug the charger directly into it, and I've carefully blown out and inspected all connections - no dust, no bent contacts, nothing.
This sounds like a different problem than the flipped switch which keeps the dock from charging.
Any ideas anyone??
Was just on the line with them, and was having quite a time trying to explain the issue, then the line went dead. Guess I'll ask for a supervisor when I get through again.
did they pinch a wire?
Update - fourth call to the fourth service rep. They still do not understand the issue and will not issue an RMA, nor let me talk with a supervisor.
goodintentions - Would it be possible for you to tell me what you believe the problem to be so that I may tell that to Asus in hopes of getting them to understand the issue?
First and foremost, doing this and telling asus about it will void your warranty.
Warning: Failure to follow my instructions right down to the letter will result in your in-laws camping out at your place for a month.
(1) Take out anything that's in your full size sdcard slot. Flip your keyboard upside down so that the keys are facing down.
(2) Gently but surely remove the 2 rubber pads that are the closest to the connection between your TF and the dock.
(3) Under there, you will find 2 small screws. Unscrew them. Please don't lose the screws.
(4) Flip the dock over so that the keys face up towards the sky.
(5) Write me a check for $3000 USD.
(6) Use your right hand and hold down the part where the TF makes the connection. Curl your left fingers into a hook, put it under the dock, and pull up. After the left side of the dock is severed, reverse and do the right side.
(7) Now that both left and right sides are off, continue to lift up the top of the dock until the side towards you loses the connection as well. Be careful not to remove too fast. There are wires connected between the 2 parts.
(8) With the connection point between the TF and dock facing away from you, the switch is a tiny black thing on the side of the left board. Look at the following picture.
(9) Flipping it away from you = on. Flipping it towards you = off.
(10) Write me another check for $5000 USD.
(11) Before you close up completely, plug in to make sure it now charges.
(12) Close up and screw in.
Here is a picture of where the switch is.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|