FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

google calendar

410 posts
Thanks Meter: 84

By tebra, Senior Member on 9th September 2011, 05:08 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I make some test to install the google calendar on my Nook Touch.
First follow the instruction to install the Market.
Then download the 2 apk files on this post
Then install the 2 files on your Nook Touch with that command:
Code:
adb shell mount -o rw,remount -t ext2 /dev/block/mmcblk0p5 /system
adb push Calendar.apk /system/app
adb push CalendarProvider.apk /system/app
adb shell
chmod 775 /system/app/Calendar.apk
chmod 775 /system/app/CalendarProvider.apk
exit
It works for me but there is some problems:
1) a big picture of the SD-card on top of the screen
2) some text are not visible on settings
3) sync works from google server to nook

Enjoy
The Following User Says Thank You to tebra For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tebra Ad-Free

18th October 2011, 04:48 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Some trouble, anyone a idea how to fix?
18th October 2011, 05:41 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
I've never gotten the Calendar app to work effectively. Instead, I've opted to use a third-party calendar application (i.e., Jorte). Much better and has loads of options; also works/looks flawless on the N2E.

You might want to try Synker if you want manual sync ability with the Google calendar cloud app as well.
27th October 2011, 08:41 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
jorte
I don't know why but I could install Jorte but it does not run. Screen just blinks and that's all. Anybody have some idea? Thanks.
Truth is I could not run any google application.
6th December 2011, 03:02 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I have same experience with Jorte. It installs but only blinks the screen when I launch it. I haven't found any calendar app that works with rooted Nook Touch and syncs with Google Calendar web app. My Nook Touch is running software version 1.1.0 which was installed in the factory on the new device purchased on Black Friday 11/25/11. Maybe the people who report that Jorte works for them have an earlier version of the operating system installed. Does anyone have a calendar app installed on version 1.1.0 which syncs with Google Calendar? I can use Calendar online through Opera, but I'd like an offline app that syncs, too.
6th December 2011, 07:17 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=161
7th December 2011, 10:17 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Pocket Informant
Pocket Informant is free today on Amazon AppStore and works on my rooted Nook STR, syncing with Google.
17th December 2011, 06:42 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vita_k

I don't know why but I could install Jorte but it does not run. Screen just blinks and that's all. Anybody have some idea? Thanks.
Truth is I could not run any google application.

I bought Nook Touch, immediately upgraded to 1.1 and use SalsichaNooter. I was not able to use any calendar apps. So I installed both files from this thread and I am using Calendar Pad and it's great. I also tested Jorte, but it just closes.
27th December 2011, 05:35 PM |#9  
Flag Rochester NY
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I've been using Simple Calendar Widget on both my android phone as well as the NST and I think it works just great for both. You have to adjust the settings a bit to get it just right, but in the end I found it best for the e-ink display.

I've also been using Minimalist Text Widgets as well, but I haven't figured out exactly how to configure them. Works great on my phone though...
4th March 2012, 01:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
A. market stops working
When I install calendar.apk, calendarProvider.apk my android market stops working - when I run it, display just blinks but nothing happens. After deleting both files from system/app market app works again normally.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)