Great kudos to the_laser, his original thread is here : http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...77&postcount=3
- at least Froyo or Gingerbread Android
- unlocked BootLoader
- same Baseband as for any custom rom
- How to Lock and Unlock the Bootloader : Thread by Spyder-X with Instructions
- Please make sure to delete the following modules if present in /system/lib/modules/ this is really important otherwise phone might reboot due to unloading adresses have changed : delete x8oc.ko, x8uv.ko, cyctma300_ser.ko, x8mddi.ko, ext3/4.ko jbd(2).ko or mt.ko
- except OC everything is already in Kernel, please do not try to insmod current x8oc/uv module needs to be recompiled with new addresses
- unpack the Kernel zip and place ftf file in firmware folder of flashtool
- select flash and choose ZombiePanic
- flash like usual
- no touchbug with GB roms
- Overclocking (and undervolted)
- built in Multitouch
- mddi patched!
- EXT3/4 JBD(2)
- USB RNDIS/RMNET (one step closer to native USB Tethering)
- partial USB Host Side (not yet fully working)
- alot more filesystems supported (CIFS,CD_ROM ISO,etc.)
- few performance tweaks on performance govenor, smartass would be nicer maybe next time after i get permission
none known so far
Again you do this at your own risk!
Download ZombiePanic Kernel v1.63
At the Moment I advise to not use Overclocking as I still need to patch some PLL values which means OC maybe slower than set to 600 MHz
Download Zombie Panic Extreme Edition
Warning: Do not use if you are a regular user, its for hardcore overclockers. Zombie Panic Extreme Overclocking Edition be careful with Overclocking!
- upto 864 MHz with patched PLL
- features (and maybe bugs) from ZPKernel v1.61 integrated .
might be unstable with higher frequencies!! be careful do not set cpu speed on boot while checking frequencies
I am not responsible for bricked devices. Do at your own risk.
Download Zombie Panic Extreme Overclocking Edition
v1.63 -worked on overall snappiness, system should react faster overall v1.62 -for me stable again. sorry about reboots it was caused by "fixed" touchdriver, i have rewritten some part and now its fine again! (also running super user v3 without issues so far) v1.61 -found the issue on stability/performance loss (in acpuclock.c) v1.59 -improved stability (a nat settings was causing a few issues) -performance in booting might be a bit better v1.58 -fixed swiping issue in touchdriver from the right or the bottom while finger was "outside" the screen v1.57 was a debugging version not released to public in order to rewrite most part of dual touch driver v1.56 -sorry it was late, i forgot to revert two lines in camera now everything working again like it should fixed v1.54/v1.55 camera issue. v1.55 -fixed video cam driver from v1.54 v1.54 -some clean up -improved touchscreen driver a bit -integrated Tun/Tap -disabled all unncessary debugging -again a slight increase in performance and boottime -real cpu overclock not yet finished v1.52 -integrated smartass conservative/ondemand governors and can be selected in cm or setcpu settings full credits goto AnDyX his original Thread is here -worked again a little on kernel ramdisk -new boot logo credits go to Mr.Krypton!! thank you very much -enabled GPU KGSL per Process caching might improve 2d/3d performance v1.51 -all changes from v1.4 now implemented -partial clean up on kernel ramdisk, next step no chroot anymore -wireless working v1.5 -reverted link back to 1.3 wireless works here, wireless issue i'll take a look again v1.4 -patched lightsensor now should never return illegal value -1 so no automatic brightness bug -some what patched multitouch to be a less pain in the ass while zooming v1.3 -full overclocking support kernel wise should also reduce jiffy lags -new custom logo for this version ;) if anybody wants to make a better one please let me know -included mddi fully (ESD_Recovery lag should be gone) -included small patch for light sensor (not yet finished) to not report illegal light value -1 v1.2 -full iptables support also with DroidWall -partial NAT support -almost done with Overclocking in Kernel v1.0 -inital release
This Kernel is not using FXP or other sources, i started from scratch with SE kernel 492.