ADW Launcher - Keeps Crashing

93 posts
Thanks Meter: 2
 
By tonnic, Member on 10th September 2011, 11:38 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I keep getting:

The application ADW.Launcher (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

It keeps looping this over and over when I force close.... please help
10th September 2011, 11:46 PM |#2  
sarni84's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Levittown, PA
Thanks Meter: 683
 
More
First go to settings, then applications then manage applications find adw clear cache or data, then if that doesn't work uninstall then reinstall, and if that doesn't work I'd say do a clean install of rom, by the way which rom are u running?
11th September 2011, 06:42 AM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarni84

First go to settings, then applications then manage applications find adw clear cache or data, then if that doesn't work uninstall then reinstall, and if that doesn't work I'd say do a clean install of rom, by the way which rom are u running?

I can't even get into settings at all....this happens when it unlocks and keeps looping so I can't even get to my homepage.

I tried to get into the market via voice search for android market, but when I try and launch the market, the market app crashes too!.

The phone is currently stock 100%, just carrier code unlocked..
11th September 2011, 07:14 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Flag Charleston
Thanks Meter: 67
 
More
Yup, mine started doing this when I change themes. How does one get in touch with developers?

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
11th September 2011, 08:11 AM |#5  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
...i just wiped everything with CWM....no choice other than to install a new rom, what what I can see...
11th September 2011, 02:17 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnic

...i just wiped everything with CWM....no choice other than to install a new rom, what what I can see...

You could have deleted adw via adb while in cwm or even while booted into the os.

Sent from my LG-P999 using XDA App
11th September 2011, 04:59 PM |#7  
phburks's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 166
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnic

I can't even get into settings at all....this happens when it unlocks and keeps looping so I can't even get to my homepage.

I tried to get into the market via voice search for android market, but when I try and launch the market, the market app crashes too!.

The phone is currently stock 100%, just carrier code unlocked..

If you were 100% stock then that means you had installed adw launcher from the market. Correct? If that's the case then you could also have just done a factory reset from within cwm and it should've cleared up any issues as it would've deleted any user-installed apps, including adw launcher.

Either way glad you found a solution.
30th July 2013, 12:41 PM |#8  
Member
Flag Mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonnic

...i just wiped everything with CWM....no choice other than to install a new rom, what what I can see...

Problem already solved but just for others visiting this thread, there is a way to get rid of the issue (which worked for me). when there was crash in ADW Launcher, statusbar still works. This is to key to get back to original theme (as you can't access settings directly to set default theme)
  • Opened status bar, start internet.
  • From another device (or desktop machine), send a mail to yourself with google play link for the new theme you just installed
  • Your status bar will now have new mail notification (assume its activated)
  • Now access your mail app and open the link from the mail
  • Now you have browser app opened with google play page
  • You will have uninsatll option for that theme. Just do it.
  • Now as new theme is uninstalled, your default theme will come in picture and everything will be normal.

I hope this will help others fall in similar situation after installing new theme.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
question

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes