- I have modified them to be compatible with NAND ROMs and added a lot of new useful features since January 2011.
- I mainly developed and tested them on my NexusHD2-Gingerbread and NexusHD2-Froyo ROMs.
- If any feature doesn't work for other ROMs, I won't fix it.
- The source code is released under the GNU General Public License version 2 (GPLv2).
- So you must release your modified source code (it's better to use git for sharing purpose) if you would like to release a modified kernel based on my source code.
- Default CPU governor: Interactive
- Default CPU frequency: 245-998 MHz
- Support underclocking to 128MHz (via SetCPU or shell script) (Credits: tytung)
- Support overclocking to 1190 MHz. (via SetCPU or shell script) (Credits: hastarin)
- Support undervolt/overvolting via sysfs interface. (800-1350mV) (Credits: snq-)
- Default I/O Scheduling: CFQ
- Patched with G-Sensor freeze fix (Credits: mdebeljuh and jdivic)
- Patched with Bluetooth 60mA battery drain fix (i.e. support Low-power mode Bluetooth) (Credits: trilu and charansingh)
- Patched with wakeup lag fix for AUO panels (Credits: mdebeljuh and jdivic)
- Patched with "Low Speakerphone Mic Gain & High Background Noise" (Credits: mdebeljuh and jdivic) (Thanks to memin1857 for collecting the related info.)
- Patched with "No Sound/ libaudio.so issues" (Thanks to drizztje who found the cause, ph03n!x who collected the related info and tested them, and all other testers.)
- Full cLK bootloader support (Credits: cedesmith)
- Two-way call recording (Credits: avs333 and snq-)
- T-Mobile Wi-Fi Calling (Credits: tytung)
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.1x/EAP authentication (Credits: tytung)
- Native USB Tethering (Credits: tytung)
- Native Wi-Fi Tethering (Credits: tytung)
- Official HTC extended battery support (HTC EB 2300mAh) (Credits: arne)
- File systems support: Yaffs, Ext2/3/4, CIFS, NILFS, ReiserFS, BTRFS. (NLS_UTF8 is compiled into the kernel) (Credits: tytung)
- ALSA sound driver as kernel modules (alsa-pcm-htc-leo.ko and alsa-mix-htc-leo.ko) (Credits: Cotulla)
- Real WiFi and Bluetooth MAC addresses. (Credits: Franck78, Rick_1995 and Marc1706)
Credits: Markinus, Cotulla, TYTung, Hastarin, NetRipper, Dcordes, Letama, Rajko, Dan1j3l, Cedesmith, Arne, Trilu, Charansingh, Mdebeljuh, Jdivic, Avs333, Snq-, Savan, Drizztje, Marc1706, Franck78, Rick_1995, other devs, and testers.
Mod edit: Links removed
- WiFi issue:
If you flash my kernel in Gingerbread 2.3.3 and the earlier versions, you will have DHCP issue when using WiFi. (i.e. Cannot connect to a wireless router and get an IP successfully.)
This issue is related to Gingerbread's initrd.gz, not the kernel (i.e. zImage).
Gingerbread 2.3.4+ must use the following setting in /init.htcleo.rc or /init.leo.rc or ... depending on your ROMs.
service dhcpcd_eth0 /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL
service dhcpcd /system/bin/dhcpcd -ABKL
- Sound issue:
If you feel that the maximum sound volume is still not high enough so that you cannot hear the sound (e.g. call, ringtone, alarm, etc.) clearly or your caller complain your in-call voice is a little low.
The candidate solutions are as follows:
- Go to a quiet place.
- Go to see a doctor.
- Modify the mic gain value by editing /system/etc/init.d/10mic_level (reboot to take effect or execute the below command manually).
Content of 10mic_level: (You may need to enlarge the values below.)
#!/system/bin/sh echo '0 400' > /proc/mic_level echo '1 600' > /proc/mic_level
- Install HD2 Mic Control (GUI for 10mic_level) or Volume+.
Installation for NexusHD2 ROMs:
- Place your downloaded file in the SD card.
- Enter CWM (ClockworkMod) Recovery
- MAGLDR 1.13: Hold "Power" button during boot to enter MAGLDR, and then select "AD Recovery" or "Boot AD SD" (if ever copied CWM's initrd.gz and zImage to SD) to enter CMW.
- cLK 18.104.22.168: Hold "Home" button during boot to enter CMW.
- Choose install zip from sdcard and navigate to your downloaded file to finish the installation.
- All done.
Installation for other ROMs:
- For MAGLDR users, please delete initrd.gz from kernel_tytung_rX_update.zip before flashing it.
- For cLK users, it's better to use initrd.gz from your ROMs for best compatibility. The steps are as follows.
- Download kernel_tytung_rX_update.zip to get zImage and system folder.
- Download and uncompress cLK_kernel_installer.zip to a temp folder, e.g. cLK_kernel_installer, and put zImage, system folder, and your ROM's initrd.gz to cLK_kernel_installer folder.
- You can unpack boot.img of your cLK ROM to get initrd.gz.
- Or download and unzip your MAGLDR ROM to get initrd.gz directly.
- Plug your phone to your PC via USB cable.
- Run cLK_kernel_installer.bat to install new kernel and the related stuff.
Content of cLK_kernel_installer.bat:
adb remount adb shell rm /system/lib/modules/* adb push system /system/ adb shell chown 0:2000 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant adb shell chmod 755 /system/bin/wpa_supplicant adb shell chown 0:2000 /system/etc/init.d/* adb shell chmod 750 /system/etc/init.d/* adb shell sync adb reboot bootloader fastboot -c "" -b 0x11800000 flash:raw boot zImage initrd.gz echo Press any key to reboot. echo Press any key to reboot. pause fastboot reboot