FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[CLOSED][MOD][UPDATE][b_randon14's Triumph Tweak Mod v1.2][CLOSED]

175 posts
Thanks Meter: 97

Post Reply Email Thread
Thread closed because I no longer own this device. The download links no longer work. Sorry for any inconvenience.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to b_randon14 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift b_randon14 Ad-Free

13th September 2011, 08:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
Works on the stock system and everything? If you made the stock Triumph experience that much better, Virgin Mobile owes you a debt of gratitude. Heck, I owe you a debt of gratitude!

...just let me make sure it works on my phone first.

Sent from my Frankenphone using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to primetechv2 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift primetechv2 Ad-Free
13th September 2011, 08:49 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somerset, KY

Donate to Me
More
Yeah it should work. You just need to be rooted and have CWM to flash it. Other than that the stock kernel will run the install-recovery.sh script at boot, which will intern run my tweak scripts at boot and viola you have a tweaked out stock phone. In therory it should work with any stock based(no cm7/aosp) rom and kernel as long as the kernel hasn't been modified to not run intsall-recovery.sh at boot!
14th September 2011, 03:40 PM |#4  
Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Yes it works on Stock, and it seems to be running faster, and smoother. Also my compass is now correct, and GPS seems to lock faster 5-8ish seeconds
The Following User Says Thank You to idbl_fanatic For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift idbl_fanatic Ad-Free
14th September 2011, 07:10 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks! Rated 5.
14th September 2011, 10:19 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somerset, KY

Donate to Me
More
Thanks! This will be the set of tweaks that my bROM will contain plus me and my brother are trying to get a kernel going. Hopefully we will have the oc up to 1900 maybe more plus were trying to get controllable undervolting for each frequency. There are alot of stuff were going to try to add to it if we can ever get it working. But its still a while down the road!

Sent from my OC'ed Triumph!
14th September 2011, 11:48 PM |#7  
Flag Albany, OR
Thanks Meter: 9

Donate to Me
More
What did you change? I locked onto GPS in 2s, whereas my 2nd to last one took 256s, and the last attempt wouldn't lock at all.
15th September 2011, 02:10 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 173

More
yesterday my phone reported it was off the coast of Africa. I'm suing

In all serious though, have you increased the speed the system accesses the SD card? I want to know because I'm running SD Speed Increase and FasterFix, and if your mod fixes both I'll just trash them.

Sent from my Frankenphone using Tapatalk
15th September 2011, 03:36 PM |#9  
Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 180

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezanow

What did you change? I locked onto GPS in 2s, whereas my 2nd to last one took 256s, and the last attempt wouldn't lock at all.

Times 2, I would like to know as well
15th September 2011, 06:50 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 676

More
Mine does that too lol, it locates me by africa in the atl ocean, but i just start up gps test and immediately finds my correct location.
Sent from my MOTWX435KT using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to flipq88 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift flipq88 Ad-Free
15th September 2011, 07:17 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Somerset, KY

Donate to Me
More
Just the config file for GPS. I found some various fixes. Yeah mine does that as well sometimes. I may look and see if I can fix that!

Yes the SD card read ahead as well ad entire mmc read ahead for the whole system is increased. Partitions are mounted as noatime, nodiratime.

Sent from my OC'ed Triumph!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)