3.5mm Jack Volume Boost

Search This thread

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Ok guys, I love my Epic and there's no way I'd ever get rid of it...but the headphone volume output is abysmal. I have to turn my car radio way up (or max in some songs) while in aux mode to hear it nicely. Whereas my friend's iPhone 4 doesn't need all the pampering and can easily deliver loud enough out put from it's headphone jack (at lower settings on the radio). I'm wondering if there's a deep setting somewhere I can tweak or perhaps a flashable app/hack that will raise it up substantially (for I can always turn down the volume).

It was just embarrassing since I had her phone beat in every other way, but then got trounced in something as simple as audio out volume. (but it was good because I'm hoping it's some simple thing that can be tweaked one way or another)

Hopefully someone can help, I didn't find anything useful with the search feature but maybe I just didn't use the right search keywords.

Thanks guys!

K

knightsriot

download Voodoo Sound from the Market. Even when I was running EH06, it still worked for me. If you download it, change the Headphone Amplifier to 5db. I had the very same problem and that did it for me. The only bad thing is that you have to set the settings again every time you turn off the phone.

Hope it helps, man. Good Luck!!

DangerZone1223

Nov 10, 2010
I have the same exact problem. I brought up the volume to 0dB with Voodoo Control. It did some help. I wouldn't bring it to 5dB. It makes the sound over-modulated.

Reactions: iviyth0s

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Thanks to the both of you!

I've had of Voodoo Control this whole time but didn't know what it did. (included in my ROM)

I'm such a tool, I'll try 0dB and then 5dB and see which has the level of output I need :)

Got a decent drive planned tomorrow to test the results!.

CrfEpic4g

Mar 26, 2011
Fayetteville
download Voodoo Sound from the Market. Even when I was running EH06, it still worked for me. If you download it, change the Headphone Amplifier to 5db. I had the very same problem and that did it for me. The only bad thing is that you have to set the settings again every time you turn off the phone.

Hope it helps, man. Good Luck!!

How did it work on eh06 it doesn't have the kernel?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

nismology

Jul 9, 2010
For the payware version of voodoo control you don't need a custom kernel that supports it as long as you have root. I'm running it on EH06.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

nismology

Jul 9, 2010
Also the recommended volume setting is the with the software/android volume maxed out or close to it then you control the volume with the hardware output. As for having to set it again after restarting the phone, there is a hack built in that allows the hardware volume rocker to control the voodoo output while automatically maxing the software volume. Really convenient.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the same exact problem. I brought up the volume to 0dB with Voodoo Control. It did some help. I wouldn't bring it to 5dB. It makes the sound over-modulated.