FORUMS

[Discussion] Cyanogen Mod On Galaxy Fit

415 posts
Thanks Meter: 180

Post Reply Email Thread
This is a thread to discuss Cyanogen Mod on Galaxy Fit, and possible bugfixes/what is working/what is not working/ and possibly get the job done

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1167750 (i got most of the stuff here from there, thanks to TJ_Style for everything)

How to get Cyanogen on your Galaxy Fit http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1260529

So yeah, Firstly, i tried cyanogen mod on Galaxy fit, now i need your help to gather all the things that are working, and things that aren't and make a list of them, as well as any files/patches/bugfixes available.

Link me and i'll keep updating the thread.

Things that are working:
- Themes (apply a theme and reboot to get it to work)
- DSP manager
- Soft Keys
- Bluetooth
- Wireless (the networks won't show in a popup but will show through wifi settings )
- Video PlayBack
- LCD density
- Themes
- Almost everything?

Things that are NOT working:
- some videos in the gallery (mostly 360p mp4 videos downloaded from youtube) codec relate i think. [edit] Now Working!
- Camera [edit] Now Working!
- Sound Plays through Top speaker when the headphone is plugged in.
- Overclocking
-Wifi/USB tethering Don't Work
- Please Tell me so i can list them

Bug Fixes Go Here (Please confirm if they work!)

- Wifi Works, Long Press the wifi button after turning it on and you'll see all available networks (The Network List will NOT popup like in the stock ROM) :3

- Bluetooth Works well (But not on first boot, just reboot once and all is good :3)

- You Can Use Fx File Explorer if you don't like the normal file explorer (found here https://market.android.com/details?id=nextapp.fx)

- Themes : Use an LDPI theme and reboot to get it to work

I do NOT care about thanks, Please DO NOT Reply to this thread if you don't have anything to add to the info mentioned here, if you have anything to add please do, if not, just press thanks and keep watch

I hope we can get a stable release, Vish, u there? Q-Q
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bewinxed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bewinxed Ad-Free
13th September 2011, 01:50 PM |#2  
Flag Gaya,Bihar
Thanks Meter: 4,020

More
Wink
I dont think FM's a big issue ...Main problem is the Video Codecs !!!
13th September 2011, 01:55 PM |#3  
Flag bhilwara
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Camera app is working for me..I guess its a third party camera app that had came preinstalled with cm7..I'm using the cm rom which is actually ported for galaxy fit

Sent from my GT-S5670 using Tapatalk
13th September 2011, 01:58 PM |#4  
Flag bhilwara

More
Another issue is about developing some custom kernels to get CPU overclock working..I have tried tjs overclocked kernels but none of them working

13th September 2011, 02:03 PM |#5  
Flag bhilwara

More
One more thing cm7 for fit has not been posted on xda yet so only few people know about it

13th September 2011, 02:06 PM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush.creed

I dont think FM's a big issue ...Main problem is the Video Codecs !!!

Did you ask tj_style about it? can those be fixed, any links you can provide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj3534

Camera app is working for me..I guess its a third party camera app that had came preinstalled with cm7..I'm using the cm rom which is actually ported for galaxy fit

What is the camera app you used? please provide a name and please include the method you used, so i can update the thread

Quote:

Another issue is about developing some custom kernels to get CPU overclock working..I have tried tjs overclocked kernels but none of them working

So it's confirmed then? the overclocking kernel doesn't work? well if you can get any info about porting it please do post.

Quote:

One more thing cm7 for fit has not been posted on xda yet so only few people know about it

can someone here post it? it'd be nice.
13th September 2011, 02:14 PM |#7  
Flag bhilwara

More
1st camera app that is working came pre installed with cm7 2nd those kernels didn't worked Cox they were actually ported for galaxy mini rom to be flashed with cwm so they didn't worked

13th September 2011, 02:22 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Amman

More
Quote:

1st camera app that is working came pre installed with cm7 2nd those kernels didn't worked Cox they were actually ported for galaxy mini rom to be flashed with cwm so they didn't worked

I tried flashing cwm using the file here http://www.mediafire.com/?0nhu0rnqxcd40wd and the camera app would hang on each try? and of course the kernels don't work :P
The Following User Says Thank You to Bewinxed For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Bewinxed Ad-Free
13th September 2011, 02:26 PM |#9  
Flag bhilwara

More
Thanx for adding rom link above

13th September 2011, 02:37 PM |#10  
Flag bhilwara

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bewinxed

I tried flashing cwm using the file here http://www.mediafire.com/?0nhu0rnqxcd40wd and the camera app would hang on each try? and of course the kernels don't work :P

Have you tried any third party camera app like camera 360 or LG camera etc

13th September 2011, 03:07 PM |#11  
Flag new delhi
Thanks Meter: 186

More
Unhappy
Quote:

camera working for me too

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 PM ----------

galary takes a whole lot of time to load

theme chooser dosnt work with many themes notification bar force close

LCD density dosnt work (its must needed my fevrt app)

file manager need to be update it suck

contacts need to be update no grouping

msg app need to be updated bcz we can not send mst to recent or group it must needed in a msg app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cyanogen, fit, galaxy, mod, samsung

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)