FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] How do i Unbrick my, MyTouch 4g?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Rickleefa, Junior Member on 14th September 2011, 02:06 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
When i power my, MT4G up it brings me to the Slash screen. How would i get my phone back to normal so that i can use it again. Please help. Thanking in advance.

14th September 2011, 03:15 AM |#2  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 2,857

Donate to Me
More
So is your phone rooted? Have you checked your eMMC ?

So, how this problem occurred ? did you do anything unusual ?
14th September 2011, 03:45 AM |#3  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickleefa

When i power my, MT4G up it brings me to the Slash screen. How would i get my phone back to normal so that i can use it again. Please help. Thanking in advance.

you're gonna have to give out more information if you want help.
The Following User Says Thank You to saranhai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift saranhai Ad-Free
14th September 2011, 11:34 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Unhappy
The phone is not rooted. This is what happened that got me t this point. I was trying to download angry birds and the phone just cut its self off (maybe because to had to many apps running) then i just decided to take out the battery and let it sit, so i did and i cut it back on then it worked i let it sit and update everything like android does when you cut it on then the phone cut it self off again on im stuck at the splash screen. :'(
14th September 2011, 02:02 PM |#5  
Flag West Jordan, UT
Thanks Meter: 608

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

The phone is not rooted. This is what happened that got me t this point. I was trying to download angry birds and the phone just cut its self off (maybe because to had to many apps running) then i just decided to take out the battery and let it sit, so i did and i cut it back on then it worked i let it sit and update everything like android does when you cut it on then the phone cut it self off again on im stuck at the splash screen. :'(

Try doing a factory reset on the phone. Get into the bootloader by holding the volume down button and then holding down the power button simultaneously. Use the volume up/down button to highlight factory reset, then to select press the power button
14th September 2011, 02:50 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
I did it and 3 android dudes with skate boards are on the screen for like 3 hours no exactution
14th September 2011, 03:06 PM |#7  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Michigan
Thanks Meter: 2,857

Donate to Me
More
Which version of the stock rom are you using. Is it 2.2.1 or 2.3.4 ?

If you can't get the factory reset, I will give the stock rom . Do update using hboot.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to febycv For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift febycv Ad-Free
14th September 2011, 03:26 PM |#8  
Flag Cincinnati
Thanks Meter: 448

More
Quote:

I did it and 3 android dudes with skate boards are on the screen for like 3 hours no exactution

were you running 2.2.1 or 2.3.4 when it happened?

or

can you tell us the hBoot version you have

it will be loacated at the top of that screen with listed some like .xx.yyyy

If this happen post the update i would exchange it under warranty as you might have a bad eMMC chip and something failed in the writing process.
14th September 2011, 08:19 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
I'm running HBOOT-0.86.0000, When it happened i was running stock because it hasnt been updated sence i had the phone. My factory reset wont proceed with the prgress bars t-moblie i should have.
14th September 2011, 10:41 PM |#10  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Nowhere
Thanks Meter: 3,355

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm running HBOOT-0.86.0000, When it happened i was running stock because it hasnt been updated sence i had the phone. My factory reset wont proceed with the prgress bars t-moblie i should have.

Sounds like failed eMMC so far....

Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium
15th September 2011, 12:31 AM |#11  
Flag Indiana
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Could just be a bad update file and a corrupt system

«{[etrickery]}»
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mytouch 4g, unbrick

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)