-Based on Thrill 4G shipping firmware
-Fully deodexed and zipaligned
-Removed resource hogging bloatware: Amazon Kindle, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Live TV, Books, Car Home, Facebook, Get 3D Games, Gulliver's Travels, Movies, myAT&T, OmaDmclient, Polaris Office, Protips, Qik Lite, Twitter, Voice Dialer, and YPmobile
-Battery icon with percentage display
-No "AT&T" text in the status bar and no locked AT&T browser bookmarks
-Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
-Nexus boot animation
-Extended power menu with reboot option (haven't been able to get a working recovery option yet)
-Option to set screen timeout to never
-Unrestricted USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
-Vastly improved network performance over stock (HSDPA category raised from 8 to 10)
-Tweaked GPS settings
-Ad blocking via hosts file
-Updated Google apps
-AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups when using third party launchers)
v1.0.1 Changelog (Nuking LG's awful theme one PNG at a time):
-Removed "AT&T" text from the status bar
-New wired headset status bar icon (I accidentally left the awful LG one in before)
-Fixed the airplane mode pulldown toggle animation
-Themed a lot of framework elements: lockscreen glow, call answer sliders, list and grid item selection highlights, buttons, dropdowns, text boxes, etc.
-Fixed Flash video playback
-Improved GPS performance (changed a few AGPS settings)
-Disabled the AT&T shutdown animation
-Themed a couple more framework elements
The following changes require a fresh install or factory reset to take effect because they are set on first boot:
-Much better network performance. Set HSDPA category to 10. It was set to 8 by default. Really AT&T? Advertise it as a 4G device and then limit it to 3G speeds? Anyways, I'm not even in an HSPA+ area and my download speeds jumped from around 2.5Mbps to over 4.0Mbps.
-Removed the locked AT&T browser bookmarks and set the default home page to Google.
-Unlocked USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
-New messaging app theme
-Full package now flashes our stock kernel (so we can get back after flashing an Optimus 3D rom)
-Full package no longer wipes data and cache for you (so people who are a few versions behind can still update without losing everything)
-New battery icon with percentage display
-Removed the device management client service. It was running and using up resources in the background. Carriers use this service to monitor and change settings on your device and push OTA updates.
-Themed check boxes and radio buttons
-New addon to revert to the previous battery style if you don't want to watch the battery drop one percent at a time
-Updated Market (only in the full package)
-Added an option to set screen timeout to never
-Removed Software Update from "Settings > About this phone" since we no longer have the device management client service (Requires a fresh install or factory reset to take effect)
-Themed the in-call status bar to fix a visual inconsistency and make it more readable
-Updated addons with the latest changes
-Ditched TouchWiz icons in favor of Ice Cream Sandwich icons
-Themed Dialer, Contacts, and Browser
-Updated a few theme elements in Messaging
-PNG optimized framework and all of the themed PNGs within apps
-Updated Maps, su, and Superuser
-Updated addons with the latest changes
-Removed Wifi Controller widget (it's pointless)
READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
1) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.
1) First root using SuperOneClick and follow dg's instructions to install CWM.
2) Download update-thriller-v1.X.X-full.zip and place it on your SD card.
3) Power off your phone.
4) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
5) Select "wipe data/factory reset".
6) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thriller-v1.X.X-full.zip.
7) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now". The first boot will take a few minutes.
Warning: Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.
1) Download the update that corresponds with the version of Thriller you're updating from and place it on your SD card. If you are a few versions behind and there is no corresponding update, continue with these instructions but using the full package instead.
2) Power off your phone.
3) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
4) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thriller-v1.X.X-v1.X.X-update.zip.
5) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now".
Removed bloatware (79MB)
I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.
---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------