By gtg465x, Inactive Recognized Developer on 14th September 2011, 08:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Thriller Froyo

Features:
-Based on Thrill 4G shipping firmware
-Rooted
-Busybox
-Fully deodexed and zipaligned
-Removed resource hogging bloatware: Amazon Kindle, AT&T Code Scanner, AT&T FamilyMap, AT&T Hot Spots, AT&T Navigator, AT&T Live TV, Books, Car Home, Facebook, Get 3D Games, Gulliver's Travels, Movies, myAT&T, OmaDmclient, Polaris Office, Protips, Qik Lite, Twitter, Voice Dialer, and YPmobile
-Tastefully themed
-Battery icon with percentage display
-No "AT&T" text in the status bar and no locked AT&T browser bookmarks
-Extra notification sounds and ringtones from CM7
-Nexus boot animation
-Extended power menu with reboot option (haven't been able to get a working recovery option yet)
-Option to set screen timeout to never
-Unrestricted USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
-Vastly improved network performance over stock (HSDPA category raised from 8 to 10)
-Tweaked GPS settings
-Ad blocking via hosts file
-Updated Google apps
-AppWidgetPicker (organizes widgets into groups when using third party launchers)
-Swype

v1.0.1 Changelog (Nuking LG's awful theme one PNG at a time):
-Removed "AT&T" text from the status bar
-New wired headset status bar icon (I accidentally left the awful LG one in before)
-Fixed the airplane mode pulldown toggle animation
-Themed a lot of framework elements: lockscreen glow, call answer sliders, list and grid item selection highlights, buttons, dropdowns, text boxes, etc.

v1.0.2 Changelog:
-Fixed Flash video playback
-Improved GPS performance (changed a few AGPS settings)
-Disabled the AT&T shutdown animation
-Themed a couple more framework elements
The following changes require a fresh install or factory reset to take effect because they are set on first boot:
-Much better network performance. Set HSDPA category to 10. It was set to 8 by default. Really AT&T? Advertise it as a 4G device and then limit it to 3G speeds? Anyways, I'm not even in an HSPA+ area and my download speeds jumped from around 2.5Mbps to over 4.0Mbps.
-Removed the locked AT&T browser bookmarks and set the default home page to Google.

v1.0.3 Changelog:
-Unlocked USB tethering and Wi-Fi hotspot functionality
-New messaging app theme
-Full package now flashes our stock kernel (so we can get back after flashing an Optimus 3D rom)
-Full package no longer wipes data and cache for you (so people who are a few versions behind can still update without losing everything)

v1.0.4 Changelog:
-New battery icon with percentage display
-Removed the device management client service. It was running and using up resources in the background. Carriers use this service to monitor and change settings on your device and push OTA updates.
-Themed check boxes and radio buttons
-New addon to revert to the previous battery style if you don't want to watch the battery drop one percent at a time
-Updated Market (only in the full package)

v1.0.5 Changelog:
-Added an option to set screen timeout to never
-Removed Software Update from "Settings > About this phone" since we no longer have the device management client service (Requires a fresh install or factory reset to take effect)
-Themed the in-call status bar to fix a visual inconsistency and make it more readable
-Updated addons with the latest changes

v1.1.0 Changelog:
-Ditched TouchWiz icons in favor of Ice Cream Sandwich icons
-Themed Dialer, Contacts, and Browser
-Updated a few theme elements in Messaging
-PNG optimized framework and all of the themed PNGs within apps
-Updated Maps, su, and Superuser
-Updated addons with the latest changes
-Removed Wifi Controller widget (it's pointless)

READ CAREFULLY - NEED TO KNOW INFORMATION:
1) Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Installation Instructions:
1) First root using SuperOneClick and follow dg's instructions to install CWM.
2) Download update-thriller-v1.X.X-full.zip and place it on your SD card.
3) Power off your phone.
4) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
5) Select "wipe data/factory reset".
6) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thriller-v1.X.X-full.zip.
7) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now". The first boot will take a few minutes.
Warning: Do NOT restore system data with Titanium Backup. Do NOT restore ALL apps with data. If you absolutely must restore something with Titanium Backup, only restore MISSING apps with data.

Update Instructions:
1) Download the update that corresponds with the version of Thriller you're updating from and place it on your SD card. If you are a few versions behind and there is no corresponding update, continue with these instructions but using the full package instead.
2) Power off your phone.
3) With the phone powered off, hold the volume down button, the 3D button, and the power button until you see the LG logo and then release. This should boot you into CWM.
4) Select "install zip from sdcard" and navigate to and select update-thriller-v1.X.X-v1.X.X-update.zip.
5) When it finishes flashing, select "reboot system now".

----Downloads----

update-thriller-v1.1.0-full-v2.zip

Removed bloatware (79MB)

----Addons----

update-thriller-disable-battery-percent-v3.zip
update-thriller-enable-battery-percent-v3.zip

I do this for fun so you shouldn't feel any obligation to donate, but here's a link if you want to. Donations of any amount are very much appreciated.

---------- Post added at 03:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:29 AM ----------

[IMG][/IMG]

The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to gtg465x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtg465x Ad-Free
14th September 2011, 08:50 AM |#2  
Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Awesome I may have to give it a whirl in a bit, although you do know you put this in the wrong section, should be in android dev. Either way though thanks for getting something out there.
14th September 2011, 08:52 AM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,297

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by malickie

Awesome I may have to give it a whirl in a bit, although you do know you put this in the wrong section, should be in android dev. Either way though thanks for getting something out there.

Oh crap woops! Didn't even realize it! Mod please move.
The Following User Says Thank You to gtg465x For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gtg465x Ad-Free
14th September 2011, 09:07 AM |#4  
Austin, TX

More
Thanks for the screenies. How is your speed with the bloatware removed and the other stuff? Better? Also out of curiosity did you remove the stock Launcher for those of us who like that more than launcher pro or whichever one you have in there. Just wondering, if not that's cool.
14th September 2011, 09:21 AM |#5  

More
Quote:

Thanks for the screenies. How is your speed with the bloatware removed and the other stuff? Better? Also out of curiosity did you remove the stock Launcher for those of us who like that more than launcher pro or whichever one you have in there. Just wondering, if not that's cool.

I didn't run it long with the bloatware so I can't really tell ya. I'm sure there's a small improvement, but I wouldn't expect a huge difference. I didn't remove the stock launcher because I thought some people might like it. That's it in the screenshot. Was considering going with ADW, but you can always install that from the Market yourself.
14th September 2011, 09:22 AM |#6  
Austin, TX

More
So I did a backup of Stock Rom and guess where it stores the backups. Not the SD Card where I thought it would go. Nope stores it to the phones storage. So yea for those of you who are like WTF I did a backup and can't find it, try looking at your phones stroage.
14th September 2011, 09:26 AM |#7  

More
K I think it's safe for consumption. Link is up.
14th September 2011, 09:27 AM |#8  
Flag Rancho Cucamonga
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Is this rom influenced with TW? Or is it just me? Getting the phone next week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using the xda premium app.
14th September 2011, 09:31 AM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotaro_14

Is this rom influenced with TW? Or is it just me? Getting the phone next week.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II using the xda premium app.

I used TouchWiz 4.0 icons from the Galaxy S II. Other than that, no.
14th September 2011, 09:32 AM |#10  
Austin, TX

More
Hey gtg I thought u might like this link to some scripts that apparently work on the O3D, maybe work for ours? Anyway http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1227269 is the link.
14th September 2011, 09:43 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

Hey gtg I thought u might like this link to some scripts that apparently work on the O3D, maybe work for ours? Anyway http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1227269 is the link.

The problem with build prop tweaks is that they are typically device specific. Probably at least 80% of the tweaks either don't work on our device or would cause bugs for us. It would be a real pain trying all of those tweaks and there's no good way to tell which ones work and which ones don't work or make things worse. I typically only implement tweaks that I fully understand and that make a noticeable difference. I don't just throw random tweaks in and hope for the best. The placebo effect will deceive you every time if you do that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)