61 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By djwillis, Member on 16th September 2011, 04:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th April 2014, 02:02 PM |#171  
Flag Starkenburg
Thanks Meter: 100

More
We all would be pleased if you could post in a more common language...
But if i get it right- Win8 preview links are gone, you need to buy your copy,
preferably win8.1.
Or find some illegal source. Which is not to be discussed here.

14th April 2016, 11:09 PM |#172  
Flag Baytown
Thanks Meter: 245

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vuche

To make things short, I managed to make WiFi work on my dear ol' Shift!

I don't really know how I did it: after a fresh installation of an official academic msdn final copy of Win 8 Pro, and using the method posted here above, I could not manage to update the driver in the device manager (it kept mentioning something like it couldn't find the UI something...). So I decided to restore Win8 to a previous state and it took me back to where I was soon after my fresh installation (HTC drivers were installed). Then I copied the files needed in the system32 directory and so on, but still wasn't working. So I thought I should take a look at what's included in the directories found within the original HTC Marvell driver file. The driver contains a TOOLKITS dir. I decided to give a try and install everything there with the Vista SP2 compatibility trick (RegforHotfix.exe, ECTKit.exe, vcpj_TSinstall.exe). I don't remember in what order.I then tried updating the driver from within the device manager, and this time it seemed to work! But even after a reboot, there was still something not working, but at list I had the wifi icon in the task bar appearing. During my search for a newest driver for the wifi card, I downloaded I driver that seems more recent than all the other ones I could find (Marvell SD8686 8.114.134.168). so I tried this last one, and taa daa! There I am with wifi perfectly working!

If I manage to attach a zip of the driver to my post, you can try if it works for you too.

I think Win8 is what we need on our Shifts, although it sometimes lags a lot, like now with xda on the opera browser... But the finger interface (calibrate it in the control panel / Tablet settings for the angles and boarders issue) is great.

I installed the 2GB ram module and a 120GB msata OCZ nocti ssd with a zif adapter board (ebay) and it now boots very fast too! This is a real "ultra"book.

Hey tried installing a 120GB msata OCZ nocti ssd with a zif adapter board and it's not recognizing it. What am I doing wrong?

The 1.8 zif ssd I installed recently with your helped worked great after I flipped the ssd drive with the new zif cable but now with this msata I could get better speeds because the zif ssd is still pretty slow.

Thank you
17th April 2016, 05:27 PM |#173  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Did you try plugging it upside down again? Is the zif cable well inserted and the lock pushed down? Sometimes you also have to initialise new ssd drives to have them recognised by the BIOS. You can do so by formatting them with a recovery disc made with Aomei partition tool or Acronis true image, or by plugging the ssd in an external usb enclosure and using another computer.

Keep in mind that although you'll get better 4k random speeds (small size files), you might end up with lower large files transfer rates than with a pure ide-zif drive, as the adapter has a bottle neck effect to data transfer speeds. It will also use a little more power.

Hopefully you'll find a way to have your drive working. Try with another adapter if you have a spare one, it might also be defective (not sure how efficient the quality control is in some of the Chinese facilities...)
20th August 2016, 07:43 AM |#174  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
you can give me one for the ghost windown 10 htc shift is not .thank you
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
htc shift, windows 8

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)