SGS II Epic 4g Touch .pit File

1,337 posts
Thanks Meter: 464

By odub303, Senior Member on 16th September 2011, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Attached is the .pit file containing the partition mapping for the Epic 4g Touch. I extracted it using Heimdall. Interestingly, Heimdall on OS X Lion works with the Epic 4g Tough out of the box, which was not the case with the OG Epic 4g, which still doesn't have the updated sbl.bin to work with heimdall on a Mac.

Use at your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your new toy, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Epic 4g Touch Pit.zip - [Click for QR Code] (531 Bytes, 11005 views)
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to odub303 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift odub303 Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 08:27 PM |#2  
Flag Phoenix, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,307

More
Sweet dude ...
The Following User Says Thank You to iSaint For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iSaint Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 09:05 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
One step closer to flashing custom recovery :)

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to odub303 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift odub303 Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 09:39 PM |#4  
Flag San Francisco, CA
Thanks Meter: 2,884

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odub303

Attached is the .pit file containing the partition mapping for the Epic 4g Touch. I extracted it using Heimdall. Interestingly, Heimdall on OS X Lion works with the Epic 4g Tough out of the box, which was not the case with the OG Epic 4g, which still doesn't have the updated sbl.bin to work with heimdall on a Mac.

Use at your own risk, I am not responsible if you brick your new toy, blah blah blah, etc etc etc.

what does this file do btw? Does it flash the original kernel? Btw, I am stuck on I9100 kernel, just flashed it.
The Following User Says Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 09:43 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 357

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zedomax

what does this file do btw? Does it flash the original kernel? Btw, I am stuck on I9100 kernel, just flashed it.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
This just tells oding where stuff goes in thephone... and why did you flash that?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deano0714 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deano0714 Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 09:49 PM |#6  
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano0714

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
This just tells oding where stuff goes in thephone... and why did you flash that?

I flashed CWM and CWM is working and got root but I didnt know it flashed a I9100 kernel too. Well, at least there's source code, I should be all good to go once I can compile an original kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to zedomax For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift zedomax Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 09:57 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3,879

More
Quote:

I flashed CWM and CWM is working and got root but I didnt know it flashed a I9100 kernel too. Well, at least there's source code, I should be all good to go once I can compile an original kernel.

How did you flash CWM and where did you get it from?
The Following User Says Thank You to crawrj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crawrj Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 10:00 PM |#8  
Flag San Francisco, CA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawrj

How did you flash CWM and where did you get it from?

off original S2.
16th September 2011, 10:02 PM |#9  
Flag Phoenix, Maryland
Thanks Meter: 1,307

More
Quote:

off original S2.

...So their root method works ?
The Following User Says Thank You to iSaint For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift iSaint Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 10:10 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3,879

More
Quote:

off original S2.

Yeah I found it. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to crawrj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crawrj Ad-Free
16th September 2011, 10:46 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

This .pit file contains the partition map for the device. It tells Odin and Heimdall (another piece of flashing software, which i find to be MUCH better than Odin) where to flash the different files such as the boot.bin, sbl.bin, zimage (kernel), system, data, cache, recovery, modem, etc. Without the .pit file, Odin may not know where to flash a file, and you could end up with a soft bricked device. AFAIK, there isn't anything we can flash yet. We need to wait for someone to take the stock Epic 4g Touch kernel and add CWM, root, su and busybox.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)