FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What is your favourite Genre?

Action

179 Vote(s)
23.80%
Comedy

149 Vote(s)
19.81%
Sci-Fi

219 Vote(s)
29.12%
Drama

34 Vote(s)
4.52%
Thriller

77 Vote(s)
10.24%
Horror

57 Vote(s)
7.58%
Other

37 Vote(s)
4.92%

Off-Topic Movie Club

12,304 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,806

By Dirk, Senior Member on 17th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th November 2019, 05:35 PM |#7821  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Mile 22 - 7/10

Mark Whalberg in this high speed action flick. An interesting ending (see spoiler) and some good action and fight scenes make for a pretty good movie.
28th November 2019, 11:47 PM |#7822  
Flag Rahasia
Thanks Meter: 497

More
Rambo v Last Blood : feels its like 1% Rambo 30% Evil Dead effects and 69% Home Alone movie. Stallone is ok but just bad story, bad other actors, bad script, silly story
3/10

Radio Flash : I liked Charlie from Lost actor.. but this movie just wastes the actors.. silly script and story 4/10

im looking forward to The Irishman movie now
30th November 2019, 10:53 AM |#7823  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

im looking forward to The Irishman movie now

I was disappointed. Too long, bad CGI, and just not that interesting. Not terrible, just terribly average. 7/10
30th November 2019, 01:29 PM |#7824  
Flag Rahasia

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk

I was disappointed. Too long, bad CGI, and just not that interesting. Not terrible, just terribly average. 7/10

Good to know thks cps the reviews seemed very high.. overrated then..

btw
just watched Ready or Not
Ready or Not
30th November 2019, 02:13 PM |#7825  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by simonbigwave

Good to know thks cps the reviews seemed very high.. overrated then..

btw
just watched Ready or Not
Ready or Not

I thought Ready or Not was pretty good. Became a little tiresome by the end though. Game Night is another of the same ilk for anyone looking for more of the same. I like Horror/Comedy, with Tucker & Dale vs Evil being the funniest of all time. Severance is pretty good too.

Freaks - New movie available now. Pretty compelling Horror/SciFi/Mystery flick with an abundance of tension. Interesting cast with all roles well played. The child actress was perfection.

TV roundup:

Servant - New M. Night Shaymalan series airing on Apple TV. Half-Hour episodes and well within the Directors oeuvre. Three episodes in and very enjoyable so far.

Mr. Robot - Fourth and final Season, and the best one yet. Every episode has knocked it out of the park, with one of the recent episodes highest rated ever on iMDB.

Rick & Morty - More of the same. Some episodes better than others, but all good.

The Watchmen - Fantastic adaptation from the Graphic Novel. It's incredibly good and shouldn't be overlooked. This is the one i look forward to all week.

His Dark Materials - I don't hate it, but i think i'm a bit older than the target audience.

Silicon Valley - More of the same. Still very funny, but needs to end soon to preserve it's legacy.

Can't wait for new Seasons of...

Better Call Saul
Westworld
Fargo
1st December 2019, 11:11 AM |#7826  
Flag NY
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I love interesting films with an unpredictable plot. The genre does not matter to me.
4th December 2019, 04:44 PM |#7827  
OP Senior Member

More
Ad Astra - Moody Sci-fi Thriller in the same vein as Solaris, or the Danny Boyle flick Sunshine. Really enjoyed it, particularly Brad Pitt whose acting is on par with his very best performances. Tommy Lee Jones pulls off a great cameo performance too. CGI isn't as good as Gravity but it's close, and overall the fim looks great. Some silliness, but it's not so ridiculous that it detracts from the enjoyment. The message that we are to learn from the film is arrived at in an unexpected way. A very solid 8/10
5th December 2019, 06:09 AM |#7828  
Flag Rahasia

More
Watched The Irishman...I thought it was good but overrrated...I mean it was good to see the Godfather Gppddells crew get back with Scorcese....it was good just cos that...but seemed missing something...but I think it was probably Joe Pesci's best performance.

---------- Post added at 06:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote:

Ad Astra - Moody Sci-fi Thriller in the same vein as Solaris, or the Danny Boyle flick Sunshine. Really enjoyed it, particularly Brad Pitt whose acting is on par with his very best performances. Tommy Lee Jones pulls off a great cameo performance too. CGI isn't as good as Gravity but it's close, and overall the fim looks great. Some silliness, but it's not so ridiculous that it detracts from the enjoyment. The message that we are to learn from the film is arrived at in an unexpected way. A very solid 8/10

Ya I liked Ad Astra because it reminded me of Apoclypse now

---------- Post added at 06:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Quote:

I thought Ready or Not was pretty good. Became a little tiresome by the end though. Game Night is another of the same ilk for anyone looking for more of the same. I like Horror/Comedy, with Tucker & Dale vs Evil being the funniest of all time. Severance is pretty good too.

Freaks - New movie available now. Pretty compelling Horror/SciFi/Mystery flick with an abundance of tension. Interesting cast with all roles well played. The child actress was perfection.

TV roundup:

Servant - New M. Night Shaymalan series airing on Apple TV. Half-Hour episodes and well within the Directors oeuvre. Three episodes in and very enjoyable so far.

Mr. Robot - Fourth and final Season, and the best one yet. Every episode has knocked it out of the park, with one of the recent episodes highest rated ever on iMDB.

Rick & Morty - More of the same. Some episodes better than others, but all good.

The Watchmen - Fantastic adaptation from the Graphic Novel. It's incredibly good and shouldn't be overlooked. This is the one i look forward to all week.

His Dark Materials - I don't hate it, but i think i'm a bit older than the target audience.

Silicon Valley - More of the same. Still very funny, but needs to end soon to preserve it's legacy.

Can't wait for new Seasons of...

Better Call Saul
Westworld
Fargo

Freaks and Servant sounds good.will check it out.
yeah I couldnt get into Dark Materials.
im trying to get past Season 4 episode 1. Alot going one..been so long since I watched the other seasons...hopefully I can get into it as you said its good..
Yeah Ready or Not I loved the concept...but it seemed to be missing something in the end..
5th December 2019, 01:04 PM |#7829  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Guys need your opinion on City of God movie is it worth the watch?
6th December 2019, 12:09 AM |#7830  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManojKing

Guys need your opinion on City of God movie is it worth the watch?

It's very good. I'd also recommend Elite Squad, (Tropa de Elite), and it's sequel. Both excellent movies.
6th December 2019, 06:49 AM |#7831  
Digital Domain
Thanks Meter: 127

More
"The Art Of Self-Defense"
This was a rather strange but very well done movie. It's one of those movies that you have no idea what's going to happen before it actually happens. Most of today's movies are just well, too darn predictable. I give it a solid four out of five.

"Ford vs Ferrari"
I don't know how historically accurate this movie is, but I'll go along with most of the other people that viewed this movie and say it was indeed truly outstanding. A solid four out of five.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
all work and no play makes jack a dull boy, rosebud is a sled!, say what again!

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)