I am not responsible for anything that happens to your phone, your computer or anything else while following these instructions. Proceed at your own risk.
Special Thanks to rootdefyxt320
Here are the apps/files needed for Rooting -
1. SuperOneClick 188.8.131.52
2. SUT LR 1.8.2 (Doesn't seem to be working on 64-bit systems)
3. FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml [ATTACHED]
Prepare your phone by doing the following:
- Go to Settings > Applications > CHECK "Unknown Sources"
- Go to Settings > Applications > Developer > CHECK "USB Debugging" and "Stay Awake"
- Connect your phone via USB, when prompted DO NOT select USB Mass Storage.
- Extract FXX_PR3_NV.xml and NvDefinition.xml from the attached zip file in to a folder
- Now, install SUT LR, run the app
- Select the FXX_PR3_NV.xml [ensure NvDefinition.xml is also in the same folder as FXX_PR3_NV.xml]
- Your phone will restart.
It does NOT erase anything on the phone, since it only patches the ROM.
After the phone restarts, open SuperOneClick and select root. It will take less than a minute to finish.
Credits & Special Thanks to 7amdoun for the New Instructions.
For Folks for whom the above instructions DO NOT work; please follow instructions at THIS LINK
UPDATE your Phone to the latest FIRMWARE HERE
* YOU CAN UPDATE UNROOTED PHONES ONLY!
Could someone take the initiative to MOD this phone? Create some custom ROMs and Themes? I believe Motorola is not providing an ICS update for this phone but some skilled developers can surely help us get the ICS feel on it. I would appreciate if someone could take their time out and get to work on this. I would extend any help I can give.
Credits to Pianorcar for this.
You need –
- Rooted Motorola Fire XT530
- MicroSD Card *Higher the Class of the Card, better it would be.
- MiniTool Partition
- Download and Install Link2SD on your phone
- Backup the existing data on the SD Card
- Install MiniTool Partition and open it
- Delete the existing Partition on the SD Card
- Right Click on the “Unallocated” SD Card once again and select “Create”
- Create a “Primary Partition”, File System as ”Fat32” and specify the “Partition Size”
- Click OK
- Right Click on the remaining “Unallocated” space
- Create a “Primary Partition”, File System as “Ext2”
- Click OK
- Start Link2SD and select Ext2
- Restart your phone
- Start Link2Sd again
- The SD Card should now be mounted and you can click “Create Link” on the apps you want to send to the SD Card
- The App now will be completely moved to the SD Card
Which apps to safe to move to SD? Look HERE
Thanks to Kammii
- Run SD Tools and test the speed of your SD Card
- Open SD Speed Increase and move the slider to 1024
- Save the Setting
- Now Run SD Tools again and test if the speed has increased
- Try different settings with SD Speed Increase and save the best setting to start at boot.
You would need RSD Lite 5.6 to flash the SBFs.
*NOTE: Chinese ROM does NOT have Google apps, Market. European ROM has everything
European 2.3.5: DMP-4480-0-4017-A01_RFM
Latin American SBFs:
Chinese 2.3.5: DMP-4480-0-7009-A02_RFM
Another ROM - DMP-454A-0-2010-A03_RFM(RETAIL) - Suggested by cmndst. Claims are that the ROM is excellent. I have not tried it personally so I leave it up to you folks to try and comment about it.
Credits & Special Thanks to 7amdoun for the SBFs.