FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] NameLessFroyo (CyanogenMod variant) 20111013

193 posts
Thanks Meter: 168

By NLJ, Senior Member on 22nd September 2011, 11:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi!

I don't quite know how to start ;o) so...

This ROM is compiled from CyanogenMod 6, AOSP, Ezterry's and mine source code repositories . This ROM is not repackaged, moded, ripped, stripped, whatever version of any other ROM available on the Net.

Overview:
- 2.6.36.4 kernel from @Ezterry
- Native Apps2SdExt (also called Magpie) with Effdee fix (this also contains fix to pm/pm.jar used by f.ex. Titanium Backup when restoring app)
- xVold - mounts SdExt partition (if it exists) with data 2 SdExt
- Poor man SetCPU (as known from f.ex. Froyo by Laszlo) with safety valve logic by @hrk (CPU OC settings are not restored when phone crashes; you can safely try to push your CPU to the limit)
- CA Certs without compromised Diginotar keys
- CACertManager from Guardian Project
- long click on PowerWidget icon launches Settings (backport of CM7 feature)
- black bar theme (most of gfx were taken from @Sisterchick's themes but if you see your gfx used please let me know so I can give proper credits)
- uses AnyKernel so should boot on 2708/EBI0/EBI1 devices (tested only on 2708)
- stock Froyo Launcher (aka Launcher2)
- can use Swap or Compcache (both disabled by default and I don't really see the point of using any of them)
- no Gapps

2011.10.06 updates:
- Firerat's cache management ;o) script in /etc/init.d (https://gist.github.com/1182265)
- updated APN list
- Superuser 3.0 (upgradable via Market; please consider buying Elite version to show @ChainsDD some support)
Backports from CM7:
- RotaryRevamped, Lense and Ring lockscreen styles (Phone ui follows lockscreen style)
- Battery percentage on Lockscreen
- Restrict system packages to protected storage (this is security fix)

2011.10.13 updates:
- fixed bug in Phone app that caused crash when dpi setting were anything but 160
- fixed bug in Phone app that caused on screen Accept/Decline buttons not always show up
- Compcache/Swap is working again (note that activating/deactivating need reboot)
- Camera app with DCIM patch courtesy of @hrk

Known bugs/misfeatures:
The ROM runs perfectly OK without Ext partition. Only drawback is requester that pops up informing about unmountable SD card. What it's not telling is that only Ext partition is unmountable

No DCIM patch in Camera app this time (patch is against GB sources and I had no time to fix this; It's not hard just need time =o( This patch will make it into next release, sorry.

Apps2SdExt in this ROM is implemented at framework (system) level. Please do not use any scripts/apps that deal with applications installed on SdExt. Each and every application can be moved to and from SdExt using "Manage applications" under Settings. At some point in time I might add way to mass-move applications between SdExt, Internal and SdFat storages.

NameLessFroyo-multi-20110922.zip (md5: a21ce6a2c340fd71d17ce27dca60f58a ; sha1: 4e256d4dd27bd561619358d71f2520c9aca7fd8a)

NameLessFroyo-multi-20111006.zip (md5: f3fc0a3f92a2796ecea9f8cf2b79f870 ; sha1: df9f21a7cce17ea7734b9e5b81a73e8cbccc8f57)

NameLessFroyo-multi-20111013.zip (md5: 01a3def65577e563be17f86925e0d3d6 ; sha1: 3a53a8dd5e5f76430c261596640aada8c7e7f8b7)

First install instruction:
1. Boot into Recovery
2. Make a backup.
3. Wipe all and everything (including SdExt)
4. Flash zip
5. Flash GApps
6. Reboot

Installing updates:
1. Boot into Recovery
2. Make a backup
3. Flash zip
4. Reboot
(I do my best so that all updates are of no-wipe type)

On first boot give the Dream some 10 - 20 minutes to settle.
Enjoy the ROM =o)

Credits:
CyanogenMod Team - this ROM wouldn't exist without them and I'd be stuck on Dounts =o)
Firerat - without him I'd never dig that deep in the Android code
Ezterry - always helpful and all that excelent work on kernels and GB for D/S
Sisterchick - your themes are great (hope you don't mind taking some gfx from them)
hrk - always helpful and skilled coder

And special thanks to all those who made Android the way it is now =o)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NameLessFroyo.png
Views:	1420
Size:	58.9 KB
ID:	728017   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ring.png
Views:	609
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	748643  
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to NLJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NLJ Ad-Free
22nd September 2011, 11:11 PM |#2  
Flag Germany
Thanks Meter: 299

Donate to Me
More
Sounds good! Will try it someday if i have spare time
22nd September 2011, 11:20 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
I'll try it, will download when I have a chance.
23rd September 2011, 02:35 AM |#4  
Flag Texas!
Thanks Meter: 218

More
Nice!
Very nice job...thank you!
23rd September 2011, 04:03 AM |#5  
Flag Cooleemee NC
Thanks Meter: 19

More
been running barebone of this rom. running nice for the last 2 hours.
good job. thank you
23rd September 2011, 05:27 AM |#6  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 1,071

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLJ

- Poor man SetCPU (as known from f.ex. Froyo by Laszlo) with safety valve logic by @hrkdroid (CPU OC settings are not restored when phone crashes; you can safely try to push your CPU to the limit)

Well, that's still me ;) Github already had an account for "hrk" registered a couple of days before I registered one ... a stupid unused profile...

Nice to see a Magpie'd FroYo ROM!

Will you add my own DCIM compliant camera patch?
23rd September 2011, 06:47 AM |#7  
Flag Heidelberg
Thanks Meter: 3,894

More
Very nice job, thank you for the magpied froyo rom. I will try it in the next days.

Sent from my Gingerbread on Dream using XDA App
23rd September 2011, 09:04 AM |#8  
Flag Kampala
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Downloading now.... The G1 still has DEVs...LOL
23rd September 2011, 09:05 AM |#9  
Flag ISLAMABAD
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Question
can someone give me the download link of gapps
i wanna try this
23rd September 2011, 09:28 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 168

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

Well, that's still me ;) Github already had an account for "hrk" registered a couple of days before I registered one ... a stupid unused profile...

Fixed in the OP. Sorry for the mismatch (hrkdroid kinda get stuck in my head ;o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

Nice to see a Magpie'd FroYo ROM!

TBH Froyo by Laszlo was the first one (and yeah I've put my fingers there too ;o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrk

Will you add my own DCIM compliant camera patch?

Crap! I knew I forgot something! I have it open in on of tabs in Firefox. I'll add this after I put all my source changes to repos more online than my laptop (I just created ToDo too =o))

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndDiSa

Very nice job, thank you for the magpied froyo rom. I will try it in the next days.

If you had data 2 sdext and were using Magpied ROM, you might try to skip wiping SdExt. Not sure if this will work when coming from GB to FroYou but.... =o)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani132

can someone give me the download link of gapps
i wanna try this

Please closely inspect point 5 of install instruction... like hoover mouse over the "GApps" part or something ;o)
The Following User Says Thank You to NLJ For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NLJ Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
apps2sdext, cyanogenmod, froyo, magpie, xvold

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)