Change log in second post.
Welcome to The Overcome Experience - 10.1 Edition . For those of you that don’t know me, let me introduce myself. I am AlterBridge86, the creator of The Overcome Experience. I started developing a ROM on the OG Galaxy Tab (P1000) about 9 months ago and have moved on to having my own brand of ROM’s, Kernels, and Recoverys. The Galaxy Tab 10.1 (P75xx) is the second device now to get a “Overcome Series” ROM, however it will most definitely not be the last.
My mission is simple. I aim to vastly improve the stock user experience on Samsung devices. I think that Samsung makes fantastic hardware, however fails to bring the same level of software quality to their devices. This is where I step in. I take the base rom, as provided by Samsung, and perform further optimization and modification to it. My mods aim not to completely customize the user interface, but rather add some very useful key functionality while retaining the “stock android” look.
- Please read the announcement post on the TOE website for a full rundown of the release! http://p7510.teamovercome.net/
- Based on KI1 (P7500 version) / KME (P7510 version)
- Fully Deodexed
- Fully Zipaligned
- Rooted/Busybox installed
- Stock kernel with modified initramfs
- Themed with stock-ish Honeycomb look
- Optimized Launcher (enabled HW accel, optimized images inside to significantly reduce footprint, removed all the crap samsung put on our screens by default)
- Ads blocked
- Updated Maps to 5.11
- Updated Music to 3.0.1
- Updated SamsungApps to 3.10.024
- Updated Flash Player to 22.214.171.124
- Overscroll Glow enabled
- Browser Modifications (UAString chooser in Advanced Options, Overscroll Glow enabled, plugins set to load ON_DEMAND instead of ON, Default Zoom and Text Size options added under advanced)
- Bootanimation.zip support (cool boot animation included thanks to gammaRascal in the Iconia forums)
- Overcome CWM Recovery 126.96.36.199
- Extended Power Menu (Reboot, Recovery, Download)
- Status Bar Hide/Show mod in extended power menu (thanks to MaximKat for original mod!)
- App_process pre-compiled binary from Android 3.2 included (improved smoothness/responsiveness)
About Overcome CWM Recovery
At its core, Overcome CWM Recovery v188.8.131.52 is the traditional ClockworkMod Recovery v184.108.40.206. However, I have heavily modified the interface layout as well as added some very helpful functionality. You will notice this as soon as you enter recovery. I urge you to peruse the recovery and check out the options available to you. You will get to use some of these options during the install following our thorough guide.
- If you have some form of CWM on your device already, simply download the ROM, and install zip through CWM. Be sure to wipe data to ensure a clean install!
- If you do NOT have CWM on your device already or you want to start completely fresh, I STRONGLY urge you to read the excellent guide that we have put together to fully "restock" your system and get Overcome installed
001001-P7500_KI1_Restock.zip - http://www.multiupload.com/5RMKLEFCTA
001002-P7510_KME_Restock.zip - http://www.multiupload.com/5V5Y52AMYF
001003-Overcome_10.1_Series_v1.2.3_P7500_Full.zip - http://www.multiupload.com/FAGDWBJ9KY
001004-Overcome_10.1_Series_v1.2.3_P7510_Full.zip - http://www.multiupload.com/XTU4GRTKCN
002001-Overcome_CWM_Recovery_v220.127.116.11.tar - http://www.multiupload.com/S5I5E2BOIK
002002-Overcome_CWM_Recovery_v18.104.22.168.zip - http://www.multiupload.com/PEAU1OTKC8
TIPS AND TWEAKS
REMOVED APPS DOWNLOAD - To install, simply place the apks in /system/app. These will NOT install like a normal APK.
The best is yet to come!