Originally Posted by yus4eel
okay well I have a droid 3 so there aren't any roms out for it and when I try a wifi tether app from the market it disables your wifi
Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk
Okay, so basically what you're going to be doing is using your phone as a USB WiFi dongle. To do this, follow these instructions VERY carefully.
1) Assuming that you are already rooted (via z4root, Gingerbreak, or some other means), search for "EasyTether Lite" on the Android Market and download it.
2) Go into Settings>Wireless & Networks
3) Uncheck the box that says "Mobile Network", "3G", "Mobile Data" or something along those lines.
4) Check the box that says "WiFi" and connect to the desired network.
5) Now, download and install the drivers you need for EasyTether to work with your computer here (note that you are going to do this from your computer and not your phone): http://www.mobile-stream.com/easytether/drivers.html
6) Connect your phone to your computer via USB cable and open the EasyTether app. Enable tethering and with a little bit of magic and fairy dust, you should now have a connection on your computer.
Good luck mate.