GeeWiz 2.5 (01.22.2012) has been posted, links are in the first post of this thread.
- Unlike previous GeeWiz releases, the ROM and Kernel are now packaged separately. If you want to update both the ROM and the Kernel you will need to download/apply both of them. I apologize for any inconvenience, but it was always a little out of the ordinary to put them together like that. If you are using the EDIFY update-zip (ClockworkMod/GW Recovery) method of installation, you can flash both components (and optionally GW recovery as well) in the same session.
GeeWiz 2.5 ROM - 1.22.2012
- Fixed issue with Google+ messaging (missing library file)
- Updated Google Maps to v6.1.1
- Updated Google+ to v220.127.116.11969
- Updated Google Search to v18.104.22.168963
- Updated Google Translate to v2.3.1
- Updated SuperUser su binary to v22.214.171.124
- [MOD] services: use /system/wallpaper/default_wallpaper/default_wallpaper.jpg as default wallpaper
- [MOD] services: remove charging connected sound/vibrate
- [MOD] TwWallpaperChooser: Add some additional wallpapers
GeeWiz 2.5 Kernel - 1.22.2012
- Add EXT4 filesystem tweak to DATA partition mount options in init.rc to improve Quadrant Scores (waldothecat)
- Change auto-recharge point to 98% from 95% (note: charging begins between 98% and 97%)
GeeWiz 2.5 Recovery - 1.22.2012
- Add Convert File System option; allows for full-device conversion to/from RFS/EXT4
- Add symbolic link /sbin/mount->/xbin/busybox; improves compatibility with non-GW update-zip packages ***
*** - The update-zips that didn't work with GW Recovery that were brought to my attention all failed because of this missing binary (/sbin/mount), but please be advised that they all also assumed the Fascinate has an RFS SYSTEM partition, which means if you have converted to EXT4 (with a Voodoo kernel or manually via GeeWiz Recovery), they still won't work. Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do to automatically fix that in GW Recovery, it's up to the author of the update-zip to not assume SYSTEM is always RFS. Please feel free to post here with any problems you encounter or PM me, it's not that difficult to fix update-zips to work for both RFS and EXT4. I'm also happy to share/explain how I handle that for the Fascinate.