FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Reverting to S-ON/Bluetooth issues

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By foodogg, Junior Member on 28th September 2011, 11:55 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently got my MyTouch4g Slide. I used Revolutionary tool to S-OFF the device, and all was well.

After a day of usage, I began using the Bluetooth hands free in my 2010 Chevy Equinox. The connection synchronizes, no problem. All the hands free buttons work, and everything appears functional. However -- I have no audio, either mic. or speakers, from the bluetooth. I have to activate the handset to have a conversation, rendering the bluetooth useless.

Before I reached out to anyone, I performed the RUU installation from http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1178082. It reverted my hboot, system, etc back to stock. However -- it is still S-OFF. So how do we get S-ON back on this phone?

Regarding the bluetooth -- I began escalating to Tmobile and GM. GM said there's nothing wrong with my Bluetooth (it works with all my previous 3 phones OK). Tmobile says this is not a known issue.

I called HTC support, and they said it sounds like a phone hardware issue with the phone.

I would like to know two things, which I cannot find searching the MT4G Slide forums:

* How can S-ON be restored? (I thought the RUU would handle this). I want to know in case I have to send it back to HTC.
* Has anyone had these bluetooth problems, before I send it in for a replacement?

Thanks!

29th September 2011, 01:17 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 84

More
I just got my 4G Slide yesterday, and haven't yet paired it with my '10 Equinox.

I'll do that tomorrow and let you know if it works or not.
The Following User Says Thank You to jonnycat26 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jonnycat26 Ad-Free
29th September 2011, 01:39 AM |#3  
Flag Vero Beach
Thanks Meter: 26

Donate to Me
More
I haven't had any issues with bluetooth on my JVC deck, but there is no problem sending back an S-OFF'd device, I've sent back several with no issues. Some devices are factory S-OFF, plus they never check returns.
The Following User Says Thank You to arcticwolf8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift arcticwolf8 Ad-Free
29th September 2011, 02:08 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Thank you both for the feedback.

jonnycat26, Please let me know what happens when you pair with your '10 Equinox. It's great to have someone with the same device and car make to test, to confirm if it is in fact my device.
29th September 2011, 01:29 PM |#5  

More
I was able to successfully make a call without any issues. Or at least, I had audio when I did (call went to VM, and I did not leave a message).
29th September 2011, 02:54 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnycat26

I was able to successfully make a call without any issues. Or at least, I had audio when I did (call went to VM, and I did not leave a message).

jonnycat26,
You were able to hear audio and use the mic in your 2010 Equinox?

I guess this confirms I have a hardware issue. Sucks.

Thanks again!
29th September 2011, 04:39 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Seeing as the Bluetooth worked for you & GM believes it's a phone defect, I am getting a replacement from Tmobile.
29th September 2011, 06:28 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 1,144

Donate to Me
More
I know you already said you are getting a replacement, and for as expensive as this piece of hardware is - I wouldn't do anything different.

Figured i'd chime in though, have no issues pairing and using my bluetooth headset. Lets me do voice and listen through the headset.

My hands free (genius) mode works, though I don't use it.

I have a bluetooth game controller coming, somewhere in the mail. I know that's a whole other animal with it's own set of issues, but i'll let you know how that goes.

Thanks for posting about this, though, and it's lucky you found someone with the same stuff to test and compare. Bluetooth is going to be the next focus of my attention, I think, so i'm soaking up everything I hear about it now.

If anyone has found a way to make it S-ON, i'd love to know just to know, but it shouldn't be a problem with warranty issues if it was S-OFF.
29th September 2011, 06:38 PM |#9  
OP Junior Member

More
The worst part of this for me is I have only had this phone since Friday. Further, it was a replacement for a faulty LG G2X, which I had RMA'd three times, and was about to cancel my service before they finally offered me a different phone.

So this will make my fourth return to Tmobile (three G2x, now a MT4G Slide) in the past three weeks. I have also spent about 30hours on the phone with them in the past three weeks.

I am truly exhausted dealing with this, but I really like this phone (the G2X sucked). So I am giving it one more shot.

They are sending me a new phone again, and not a refurb, so that's nice.
29th September 2011, 06:57 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,144

Donate to Me
More
It's worth it.

I'm on my second one, I returned my first one. They took it back without hesitation, so even if you have to go through one or two at the beginning it's worth it.

You have the first few days after you get it, to exchange a defect for a working model. With this phone, it's absolutely worth it. Too expensive to walk around with a damaged one - especially from the door.

Your patience will be rewarded with an awesome piece of tech in your hands, it's amazing what you can do with this device.
29th September 2011, 10:34 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by foodogg

jonnycat26,
You were able to hear audio and use the mic in your 2010 Equinox?

I guess this confirms I have a hardware issue. Sucks.

Thanks again!

I was able to hear the audio without any issue. My call went to VM, and I didn't leave a message, so I can't say for sure the mic was working, but I have to believe it would.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)