The following works for Windows 7 x64 (Using either the HTC Drivers or the Qualcomm drivers). All my machines are x64 so I am not sure if this works for x86 systems.
- Download the HTC Drivers from the bottom of this post[/url]
- Or try the Qualcomm drivers attached to this thread if those don't work.
- Extract the zip
- The XAP dosent work with the DVP so ignore it for now.
- Open the phone dialer.
- Dial ##634# (Engineering Mode)
- If you do not see a wine glass when booting, you need to remove the old EM app and then dial
- Slide open your keyboard
- Tap the black area of your screen
- Press QWERTYUIOP
- Scroll down to service center
- Click on Composite
- Type in *#301#
- Wait for your phone to reboot
- Install the drivers for the phone with the files in the zip. You do not need to edit these INF files.
- Note that you have to right click the unknown device, update drivers, browser, let me pick, all, I have disc, and then browse to where you extracted your drivers
- In the device manager (you should be there already) right click on the first HTC USB modem and go to properties
- Then go to advanced and enter +CGDCONT=1,"IP","EPN.TMOBILE.COM" into the Extra initialization commands box (Note that these settings are for t-mobile. If you do not use t-mobile please download and find your connection info at http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=21421101. Replace epn.tmobile.com with your carriers connection info.
- Click ok
- In your task tray, right click on the network icon and go to network and sharing center
- click on Set up a new connection or network
- Setup dial-up
- HTC USB Modem (Or Qualcomm Usb Modem)
- In the phone number field type *99#
- Click connect
- Have fun
If you want to untether, follow steps 6-11 and click on Zune to bring your phone back into normal operating mode
You will notice that there are 4 drivers. Two of them are USB (should be the first two) and the other two should be the diagnostic drivers (COM Ports). The diagnostic drivers currently do nothings so you really dont need to install them.
If you are installing the Qualcomm drivers, make sure you select the Qualcomm HS-USB Modem 9202 and not the Qualcomm HS-USB Ethernet Adapter 9202 driver
Thank me if this works for you