FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Remap hardware keys and add Shift + ALT symbols

505 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

By Paitor, Senior Member on 29th September 2011, 08:20 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi, I'm new to HTC with Android. How do I remap the hardware keys and is it possible to have other signs activated by Shift + Alt + "Key" like it is on Motorola Droid/Milestone?

29th September 2011, 08:44 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks Meter: 684

Donate to Me
More
Does anyone read? This is the developer section not the question section. People stop littering the dev section with questions. Enough is enough already.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
29th September 2011, 08:54 PM |#3  
Flag Seattle, WA
Thanks Meter: 128

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paitor

Hi, I'm new to HTC with Android. How do I remap the hardware keys and is it possible to have other signs activated by Shift + Alt + "Key" like it is on Motorola Droid/Milestone?

There are several threads about the keyboard and what each key represents and how you can remap them to do other things; so yes, it can be done. But Undeadk9's right, you should post questions in the general/Q&A section please
30th September 2011, 07:47 AM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadk9

Does anyone read? This is the developer section not the question section. People stop littering the dev section with questions. Enough is enough already.

My apologies, felt more like developement for me. If this is wrong any moderator is free to move this to general.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclespoon

There are several threads about the keyboard and what each key represents and how you can remap them to do other things; so yes, it can be done. But Undeadk9's right, you should post questions in the general/Q&A section please

Sounds great. i coulden't find any for MyTouch 4G Slide when I searched for "remap" before starting this thred though. So if someone else search, this thread would be great to refer to these threads you are talking about.
30th September 2011, 07:59 AM |#5  
Flag Somewhere in NYC
Thanks Meter: 523

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadk9

To be fair, there is no Q&A section for the Doubleshot section.
To answer OP's question, look for the "remap Genius button" thread.

Sent from a Western Union telegram.
2nd October 2011, 08:51 AM |#6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Gothenburg

More
Discussion and continue here:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1285244
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)