BACKUP YOUR PHONE! (Before you attempt any of this)
IMPORTANT: Downgrading right now will result in the inability to update past 7008 because Microsoft has removed the updates from their servers for the time being.
UPDATE: Turns out you can still push the NoDo update by following this post. Also by following the same method you should be able to update back to Mango.
Things you will need:
- Latest LG firmware update
- Compatible Device (LG Optimus 7 E900 or E900h)
- Mango update installed on phone
- Following software and your firmware
1. Download LGDP2 V36 UMTS Setup and extract, go to LGDP2_31_INCLUDE_LGDP1_Setup folder and install the exe (use serial number). Now copy all the files from DOWNLOAD folder and paste on C:\DOWNLOAD (overwrite if needed).
2. Install LG United Modem Driver.
3. If you have not installed the MFG app, call # # 634 # on your LG phone.
4. The MFG application will appear, the password is 277634 # * #
5. In the MFG app go to: 7.Engineering 3.Port 1.USB Switching Setting then select 2.QC Composite, The phone should reboot. If not, reboot.
6. Connect your phone to your computer and go to Control Panel. Go to Device Manager, and take a note of the two port numbers for your phone.
7. You'll need firmware in DZ format and the correct DLL for your model.
8. Open LGDP2_V36_UMTS from C:\DOWNLOAD, select UMTS in Division and click OK.
9. Select port (check Device Manager for LG USBModem Port number), you can set a range from easy select or select manually. Select DLL and select firmware in Download Configuration. Click OK.
10. Click START in main window and connect the phone to USB cable. Assuming your have the Latest LG firmware you will have the latest MFG. Open the app and go to 7.Engineering, then hit Emergency download mode. Your phone will now downgrade.
Thanks to: the.rider1290 (For his detailed instructions), nasirahmed (For the original guide and all of his firmware uploads), Noticed (For the Push instructions)