GetJar

Search This thread

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com
They are giving away apps that are usually paid apps.

Examples:
SwiftKey X
Beautiful Widgets

They are legit, GetJar is working with app developers to do this. I'd post the apks, but i dont feel like dealing with the people who will tell me im giving warez out. However, install this and use it to get the apps. http://db.tt/7xbbJ7Cp

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
They must have turned a new leaf cause back in 2006 when I stll had a razr I used this to download paid .jar games for free.

Hypothetically of course lol

Edit: definately legit got some cool apps. I reccomend age of zombies its free on there and AWESOME

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Last edited:

AproSamurai

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 4, 2010
Van Nuys, CA
github.com

Examples:
SwiftKey X
Beautiful Widgets

They are legit, GetJar is working with app developers to do this. I'd post the apks, but i dont feel like dealing with the people who will tell me im giving warez out. However, install this and use it to get the apps. http://db.tt/7xbbJ7Cp

Sent from my Epic 4G

pseudogeek

Sep 27, 2011
I like getjar, in theory. I just wish their site was easier to navigate, and they published updates to their apps.

xopher.hunter

Mar 21, 2011
Ventura
Weird but if you uninstall getjar some apps don't work anymore they say they are part of getjar gold and you need getjar installed. Fortunately beautiful widgets isn't one of them. I only uninstalled getjar because it always stays in ram as 10mb

TexasLTE

Apr 11, 2011
Texas
Weird but if you uninstall getjar some apps don't work anymore they say they are part of getjar gold and you need getjar installed. Fortunately beautiful widgets isn't one of them. I only uninstalled getjar because it always stays in ram as 10mb

this is good to know ;)

jimweda

Sep 16, 2011
They are legit. Usually you get an older version but its a great way to try out the full version. Just like Amazons free app of the day you can't update from Android Marketplace.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

CASHVILLEBOS

Apr 12, 2011
Nashville

Examples:
SwiftKey X
Beautiful Widgets

Good lookin zander

Sent from my O.G Epic usin XDA Premium....

counterfeit187

Sep 15, 2010
Free this week: Tapatalk! Swift key isn't on there anymore and I didn't back it up :(

jimweda

Sep 16, 2011
send me your e-mail and I'll send it to you if you want. I mean I don't know if that's morally wrong but if you did download it when it was free and just didn't back it up I don't think it would be wrong would it? I have the SwiftKey X from GetJar when it was free. I don't want to do anything to hurt developers so if anyone feels this would be wrong if he's already downloaded it but didn't back it up let me know. I do believe in supporting developers. Funds are a little tough for me right now which is why I look for the GetJar specials or Amazon daily free apps.

I am starting to rethink Amazon though. I've heard stories that they take advantage of developers. Any info would be appreciated. I'll stop going there if they aren't being fair with developers there.

Jim

Oh, and if anyone hasn't tried TouchPal Keyboard I would at least give it a shot. Right now its free in the Market I think until the end of the month but after that they may charge for it. I've been using it for a day now and I really do like it. Very much like SwiftKey X. What's great is if you follow them on Twitter and "Like" them on Facebook you will get lifetime free upgrades. Hard to beat that. I'm going back and forth with the two and its a little tough to really decide yet. I like them both especially in landscape mode and they both work well with the slide out keyboard.

Last edited:

jimweda

Sep 16, 2011
Hey Counterfeit, as long as it doesn't raise any moral issues just click on my name and send me a private message so you don't have to put your e-mail out in public and I'll send it out to you.

Jim

DroidApprentice

Nov 7, 2010
You got my first app thanks since GetJar allowed me to get Tapatalk. Quite an upgrade!

ETA: happened to notice with all its advantages that Tapatalk was noticably slower. Checked the "3G Compatibility" option in settings and that seems to help quite a bit with no noticable drawbacks (and I'm on Wifi right now).

Last edited:

hayzooos

Mar 10, 2011
Illinois
They are legit. Usually you get an older version but its a great way to try out the full version. Just like Amazons free app of the day you can't update from Android Marketplace.

What about if you use Titanium Backup to force the market link or whatever it's called? Would this then attach it to the market so you could update from there?

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
What about if you use Titanium Backup to force the market link or whatever it's called? Would this then attach it to the market so you could update from there?
Doesn't work, I tried doing this back while Applanet was up and it still asks you to buy it even though it's already installed

MrEpic

Jul 20, 2011

Examples:
SwiftKey X
Beautiful Widgets

Reactions: eheaps

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Examples:
    SwiftKey X
    Beautiful Widgets

Examples:
    SwiftKey X
    Beautiful Widgets

Was able to get TuneIn Radio Pro today. TIR is a great app, nearly perfect and a big happiness booster at my office. Even just the free version is excellent but the Pro one adds recording and maybe a few other small things.