Unfortunately, there are some problems when running these on Milestone XT720. J.Y.Daddy's ROMs are configured to run on the Motoroi XT720 2.2.1 50R SBF. This makes sampling these ROMs tedious on Milestone XT720 hardware.
The Motoroi XT720 and Milestone XT720 are almost-identical but the hardware differs in some subtle ways. Most noticeable is the difference in compass and orientation sensors. The Motoroi XT720 and Milestone A853 both use the LIS331DLH chip, but Milestone XT720 uses the KXTF9. These chips don't work when running mis-matched SBFs and it looks like modifying the Motoroi sbf/kernel to support the MilestoneXT720's chip is going to be a significant challenge. A simpler approach is to port the ROMs to run on the MilestoneXT720 sbf/kernel.
This is a small update to apply after flashing J.Y.Daddy's ROMs that will enable them to boot on Milestone XT720 running the native SBF. Sensors and App2SD work now.
I have tested this (in the sense that the ROMs can be installed and booted successfully to the launcher) with these ROMs running on the Cincinnati Bell STR_U2_04.1E.1 sbf (other 2.1 SBFs are expected to be no problem):
Instructions (e.g. CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip):
- Download CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip from J.Y.Daddy's thread.
- Download the attached update-MilestoneXT720-bootfix-20111005-1154.zip
- Place both files in /sdcard/OpenRecovery/updates
- Boot into OpenRecovery
- OR > Apply Update > CM-7-11.09.29-NIGHTLY-XT720-J.Y.Daddy.zip
- OR > Apply Update > update-MilestoneXT720-bootfix-20111005-1154.zip
- OR > Wipe Data / Factory Reset
The update currently performs the following actions:
- Replaces /system/lib/hw with Milestone XT720 versions
- Replaces a few other binaries needed for boot
- Replaces the baseband with Dexter's 1.3 version
- Sets default language/locale to en/US