[ROM][Oct 03][DOUBLESHOT] Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Beta

920 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,685

By chrisch1974, Inactive Recognized Developer on 1st October 2011, 03:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread

After a longer porting and testing phase we are ready to release a beta version of the Unity rom on the MyTouch 4G Slide (Doubleshot).

The initial idea of porting the Unity rom to this device was coming from fcreeves and was started in the Pledge a bounty for Virtuous ROM thread.

The rom is brand new ported to the device and was made without having a device actually in the team. So the testing was fully made by unclespoon.

After a really last positive testing it's time to release it for an open beta phase.

Keep in mind that not all points could be tested yet. So please make a backup before flashing this rom.

Download for Unity 2.39.0 for Doubleshot
md5sum: 781590a77d214b7e895c722096f114a9

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
Changelog in the post #2

Please report all issues you find and we will try to fix them. I actual list of known issues are in the second post.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to chrisch1974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisch1974 Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 03:33 PM |#2  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Virtuous Unity 2.39.1
Changelog:
Genius buttom mapped to Search
Trackpad wake
Camera portrait mode should be fixed
Screenshot function (Power + Home) should be fixed
System Info should give correct Virtuous Unity version
Disabled debugging notification icon (ADB)
Increased battery saving in sleep mode
Improved scrolling responsiveness
Fixed black screen after call ends
Fixed call delay

Virtuous Unity 2.39.1 Patch for Doubleshot
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chrisch1974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisch1974 Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 03:33 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reserved for more further use
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chrisch1974 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chrisch1974 Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 03:56 PM |#4  
Retired Recognized Developer
Flag Abakan
Thanks Meter: 12,697

Donate to Me
More
for me tooooooooooooo
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mdeejay For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mdeejay Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 04:07 PM |#5  
Account currently disabled
Flag Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks Meter: 684

Donate to Me
More
Very nice. Welcome to Doubleshot.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
The Following User Says Thank You to Undeadk9 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Undeadk9 Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 04:21 PM |#6  
Flag Columbus, O.H.
Thanks Meter: 1,284

Donate to Me
More
Nice...thank you very much for the hard work you guys have put into this. This is a real treat to this development community.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using xda premium
1st October 2011, 04:22 PM |#7  
Flag Peterborough
Thanks Meter: 2,585

More
Hi guys. Welcome to the unity family.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cjward23 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift cjward23 Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 04:27 PM |#8  
New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 17

More
yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss thank you fellas
1st October 2011, 04:47 PM |#9  
Flag Back in NY
Thanks Meter: 24

More
So So Happy. Trackpad is the only real issue for me. I don't need to budget for that other device. Sticking with the MT4GS!!

Been running constant since last night and didn't even do a reboot until this morning.

FAST AND STABLE...Now our interface is as good as the paper specs.

Guys this ROMs port is already primed, refined and seasoned from its own evolution from Virtuous team.

No FCs as of yet and the trackpad/wake, as stated before, is the only real issue there is so far.

Hopefully 1% battery percentage and nice themes will soon follow.

Our resident MT4GS groundbreaking dev could probably make this happen faster than anyone else

Thank you all donate-ers and testers for helping the DEV team make this happen!!!

Happy Daily Driving your Virtuously Pimped MT4GS!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to fcreeves For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fcreeves Ad-Free
1st October 2011, 05:12 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 1,144

Donate to Me
More
Thanks to everyone who made this happen. Definitely heard some good things about this and am looking forward to giving it a run.

I'm also curious about the trackpad issue - I like puzzles and it seems like a fun one to look at.

I'm pretty impressed that you did it all remotely, without a device.
1st October 2011, 05:40 PM |#11  
Account currently disabled
Flag Las Vegas, Nevada
Thanks Meter: 684

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcreeves

So So Happy. Trackpad is the only real issue for me. I don't need to budget for that other device. Sticking with the MT4GS!!

Been running constant since last night and didn't even do a reboot until this morning.

FAST AND STABLE...Now our interface is as good as the paper specs.

Guys this ROMs port is already primed, refined and seasoned from its own evolution from Virtuous team.

No FCs as of yet and the trackpad/wake, as stated before, is the only real issue there is so far.

Hopefully 1% battery percentage and nice themes will soon follow.

Our resident MT4GS groundbreaking dev could probably make this happen faster than anyone else

Thank you all donate-ers and testers for helping the DEV team make this happen!!!

Happy Daily Driving your Virtuously Pimped MT4GS!!!!!

Yes I can make that happen. Once I finish updates for both my ROMs, I will begin work on some themes. And I will look into other things as well. Sunday night will be the night for updates and releases.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
development

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)