FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Terrible battery life after 3.2.1 update.

12 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By Xen, Junior Member on 3rd October 2011, 10:35 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello All,
does anybody noticed the increased power consumption after the last official update (3.2.1)? Below is my battery chart after just one day. The most interesting part is when I didn't used tablet in last couple of hours, as you can see no WiFi, screen, pad not awaken and... battery draining as hell. On detailed battery usage screen Android OS was on the top with 38% then WiFi 15% and screen 12%

Before update battery life was ok (My TF is early hardware, stock OS, no root etc.). After update I didn't changed anything, same configuration, no new software, updates etc. Just rebooting two times because tried to get rid of another 3.2.1 bug aka "mobile browser"
I appreciate that Asus is quick to pushing updates to TF, but this time they did it too fast.

Does anyone have a similar problem, or is it just my update went wrong?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	transformer_battery_321_update.jpg
Views:	1489
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	739064  
The Following User Says Thank You to Xen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Xen Ad-Free

3rd October 2011, 10:52 PM |#2  
Flag herne bay
Thanks Meter: 72

More
I get 7 hrs of hardcore usage, as for a day odds of charge, lucky u, how long where u getting before cause im impressed ;)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
3rd October 2011, 11:30 PM |#3  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by will8578

I get 7 hrs of hardcore usage, as for a day odds of charge, lucky u, how long where u getting before cause im impressed ;)

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Look again, he was not using it

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
3rd October 2011, 11:34 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Yeah really impressive, battery from 40% to 0 in just 16 hours of doing nothing .

But to satisfy your curiosity, I had around 7-8 hours of continuous use with WiFi and screen on.
4th October 2011, 12:06 AM |#5  
Flag herne bay
Thanks Meter: 72

More
lol sorry for not reading properly, i only got my eeepad on sun and updated straight away to 321, so its all i know at the mo, iv also got a b70 so im patiently waiting for root,

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
ranklepup
4th October 2011, 03:00 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
You are going to want to charge your battery to 100 and use the battery calibration app in the market...called battery callibration. Do the instructions it tells you.

You might want to install CPU spy and see what is running in the background to drain your battery like that.
n
4th October 2011, 05:24 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
This is a real bug. Here's a screenshot I just took from my tablet. Tell me you don't see something strange with Android OS taking up 26% of the power.

That's 83% battery life left over 4 hours of me using it for about 30 minutes total.
4th October 2011, 06:46 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
You may want to observe the non-sleeping time using "cpuspy" from Markets. Quite revealing...
4th October 2011, 03:26 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boonkui

You may want to observe the non-sleeping time using "cpuspy" from Markets. Quite revealing...

Can you see the actual apps or processes running with cpuspy? All I can see is a horizontal bar graph with percentages of different frequencies
4th October 2011, 03:30 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEiiNoCeNT

You are going to want to charge your battery to 100 and use the battery calibration app in the market...called battery callibration. Do the instructions it tells you.

You might want to install CPU spy and see what is running in the background to drain your battery like that.
n

i thought that app only worked on rooted devices?
4th October 2011, 03:59 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fldude99

Can you see the actual apps or processes running with cpuspy? All I can see is a horizontal bar graph with percentages of different frequencies

You are right. No apps shown. But it shows a bar indicating the duration the cpu spent in deep sleep - this is useful for me.

Sent from my Dell Streak using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)