[NOTE] This project is no longer maintained!
Quite a few people seem to end up in non-bootable-states (myself included) when trying to root/app/tweak etc..
So I made a couple of images that will help you trigger Factory Restore on your Nook Simple Touch.
Nook Simple Touch - [1.0.0], [1.0.1], [1.1.0]
- A microSD card of atleast 128MB of size (existing data will be lost)
- Make sure your NST is charged! A failed root will drain your NST quickly without you noticing it!
- Windows: win32 Disk Imager
- Linux: d'uh .. dd
- Mac: diskutil and dd
Still unsure about tools?, look here
Versions: (You only need one of these depending on how messed up your NST is. Try 0.1 first!)
- Version 0.1 [Without boot partition restoration] n2T-Recovery_0.1.rar (2MB)
- Version 0.2 [With boot partition restoration] n2T-Recovery_0.2.rar (16MB)
- Uncompress the image
- Write the image to your mSD card with one of the tools listed above.
- Power up your Nook Touch with the mSD card inserted.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen.
If all went well you should see the factory restore screen popping up in 10-20 seconds after reboot, and you'll be back to the version your NST was originally shipped with* when it's finished.
If it doesn't, please share your "detailed" story in this thread and feel free to PM me, I've restored quite a few "hopeless" cases
[*] Factory Restore doesn't wipe your /data
26.11.2012 - Added new download links
28.01.2012 - Moved files to new server
- Initial release
- Rewrites boot partition before triggering Factory Restore
- Based on Nook Simple Touch 1.0.0 boot partition
- Made possible by Noogie image by nookDevs