FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ACS][Kernel][Odin] eg30Plus Stock, CWM5 and Plus Tweaks (No root & No BB)

2,073 posts
Thanks Meter: 3,634

By chris41g, Inactive Recognized Developer on 4th October 2011, 11:44 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Stock EG30Plus Kernel for Epic Touch 4g compiled from source, properly.
Proper initramfs
ClockworkMod 5 (Compiled by bubby323)
Various Virtual Machine, Kernel and Network Tweaks I've been using in my plus kernels for quite some time...
Bootanimation support, either bootanimation.zip or sanim.zip
init.d support
Does NOT install Root
Does NOT install Busybox
Odin the tar.md5 file
Immediately update profile

Made this one for cnz, calkulin, and crawrj

http://www.forums.acsyndicate.net/sh...not-install-BB)

Source:

https://github.com/chris41g/EG30Plus

Thanks to qbking77 for the how to video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kExN-Y2pfxA

Thanks to:
bubby323
Drockstar
Johncorleone
pyrostic
rjmjr69
nubecoder
thefredelement
cnz
calkulin
crawrj
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to chris41g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris41g Ad-Free

4th October 2011, 11:55 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Not sure why but the .tar file is followed by a .md5 extention, so I just removed it and it became a .tar, just for others to know, thanks
4th October 2011, 11:58 PM |#3  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 3,634

Donate to Me
More
the md5 extension is so you know it hasnt been messed with, and so you know the download is not corrupt...

odin flashes md5s and checks the downloads...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chris41g For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift chris41g Ad-Free
5th October 2011, 12:11 AM |#4  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 212

More
What would be the benefit of flashing this versus your other similar kernel? Sorry if this is a stupid question....
The Following User Says Thank You to Beejis For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Beejis Ad-Free
5th October 2011, 12:22 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 3,879

More
Thank you so much. This is perfect. Do have a question. Does this have a new version of cwm or the same one from yesterday? I ask cause the back soft button wasn't working and the storage mounts were reversed. Just checking to see if that has been fixed.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
5th October 2011, 12:22 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 319

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris41g

the md5 extension is so you know it hasnt been messed with, and so you know the download is not corrupt...

odin flashes md5s and checks the downloads...

Ok, good to know, thanks for the reply and the lesson
5th October 2011, 12:25 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 3,879

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beejis

What would be the benefit of flashing this versus your other similar kernel? Sorry if this is a stupid question....

It is the same just without root and busybox. He made it for those of us that prefer having root controlled at the system level versus the kernel. You don't lose anything either way. If you use this you have to make sure you are running an already rooted rom. There is less conflict by doing this since most, if not all, roms are already rooted.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crawrj For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crawrj Ad-Free
5th October 2011, 12:30 AM |#8  
Flag Washington
Thanks Meter: 212

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawrj

It is the same just without root and busybox. He made it for those of us that prefer having root controlled at the system level versus the kernel. You don't lose anything either way. If you use this you have to make sure you are running an already rooted rom. There is less conflict by doing this since most, if not all, roms are already rooted.

Once again thanks for you help. One last stupid question before I retire from stupidity, but how do I know which way I am rooted? I thought the only way to root was FROM the kernel. I ask because I'm specifically on midnight rom v2 and have no clue which way I'm rooted.
5th October 2011, 01:20 AM |#9  
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter: 3,366

Donate to Me
More
Is there any way someone could upload a mirror to a different site? I'm wanting to flash this but I'm at work and my company is blocking the site that the link is for. If you can that would be awesome if not, no big deal. I'll try and get it when I get home.

Edit: Nevermind. Managed to get it from my phone.
5th October 2011, 01:34 AM |#10  
Flag HINESVILLE GA
Thanks Meter: 88

More
I can up it to megaupload if that helps Tiffany.

Link deleted.
5th October 2011, 01:45 AM |#11  
Flag Austin, TX
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by crawrj

I already rooted via odin with your Deodex method, if I flash this, I'll have CWM and still keep root...correct? My phone has been running great since using your method.

Sent from my GalaxyS2 Epic 4G Touch using XDA premium
The Following User Says Thank You to rickyq12 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rickyq12 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)