A CyanogenMod 7 port made for, and tested on, a Huawei U8100. May or may not work on other U8100,U8110 and U8120 phones.
(A lot of the work derives from all the existing U81xx CM7 ports)
- Boots overclocked to 614.4MHz with frequencies available up to 768MHZ (I recommend NoFrills CPU Control for overclocking)
- Uses 33% higher AHB bus speeds on overclocked frequencies on 528MHz CPUs (600MHz U81xx phones allready use these AHB speeds)
- Allocates 18% of the RAM for compcache (compressed swap in RAM). Can be turned off or tweaked in CMParts.
- Kernel: https://github.com/kalltkaffe/u8160-kernel
- CM7 repo: https://github.com/kalltkaffe/androi...e_huawei_u8100
- USB mounting does not work
- Wifi and BT coexistance still have issues even with abtfilt in place.
- USB tethering isn't working (I think)
- Wifi hotspot works but turning it off didn't work well when I tried it.
- No FM radio.
- 2011-10-05c: Added "ascend" as a device the install script should accept (it seems many use clockwork built for the Huawei Ascend). Added SIO scheduler, a power profile and a minor change to the camera overlay.
- 2011-10-05b: Added u8110 and u8120 as devices the install script should accept
- 2011-10-05: Initial release
- Download 2011-10-05c: http://www.mediafire.com/?d9yc766tgj6xdvl
- Download 2011-10-05b: http://www.mediafire.com/?wni71n8rc3gi5s5
- Download 2011-10-05: http://www.mediafire.com/?d916ujyp3y56x1d
For Google apps go here: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (I use the 20110613 version because the I prefer the old Market but the 20110828 version should work too)
If installation fails then try the attached clockwork recovery (unzip and flash with fastboot)
To install a different recovery you can download one of the packages here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/3089...n-your-device/
In the step where you are supposed to run the install-recovery-windows.bat, instead manually flash the attached (and unzipped) recovery like this:
fastboot-windows.exe flash recovery recovery-v188.8.131.52-u8100.img
Then to get out of bootloader mode use: