FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM] Rooted Stock HC 3.2 US Rom for CWM only (5-oct-11)

370 posts
Thanks Meter: 198

By kekinash, Senior Member on 5th October 2011, 05:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi to all.
Just a line to tell all you, that I give my tablet to my wife so right now I don't have it and I can't give you support 100%. I just loosing my sight and the effort to look at the tablet so close is making things worst, so I must refrain from using tablets from now. Thanks for all. Anyway I will stick around to read the forums.

Before downloading please read this warning:
This is a pure stock US GEN2 Rom with only su and Superuser added, if you have any problem with this ROM, you have the problem with Acer, not me. If you start to flash ROMs without knowledge and without knowing what you are doing, you can blame only on yourself, learn and read before flashing any ROM.
I have a family, so I don't work weekends at my work or HERE! I can't answer to each one when you want, this is not customer service, and I don't earn anything from this. Specially when some people don't read the instructions posted here, or their answers are easily found here. I'm not a boring teenager without any life beside being 24/7 here. So vent your frustration elsewhere.
Thanks, and remember: Read, Read, and read before doing anything.

I just cooked a stock HC 3.2 Rom for the iconia a500 US version (GEN2) already rooted.

I only added su (linked to xbin) and Superuser. The rest remains exactly as the Acer Stock 3.2 US version Rom. You need to have the CWM recovery on your tablet to be able to flash it (Use the Acer Recovery Installer from the market).

Don't try to flash it using the acer stock flash method.

I have done the install in my tablet and it's working great. if you updated the Superuser app to the latest version (3) you will need to clean the data from settings after flashing this rom or else you will get a FC, that's because the Superuser rom version is lower than the one in the market. The same can happen with Maps and other updated ROM stock applications versions.

CWM-Rooted_Acer_A500_7.006.01_COM_GEN2
http://www.multiupload.com/391Z9S3U6M

How I made it:

You can do it by yourself. Is very easy. Extract the 500 or 501 stock ROM and substitute the updater-script in the following path for my ROM script extracted from my rooted ROM:

\update\META-INF\com\google\android

Then add su to the following path folder (bin): \update\system\bin
and Superuser.apk to: \update\system\app folder.

The script will take care to properly link su to xbin and to flash everything with the correct permissions.

Don't forget to delete the bootloader.blob file from the main update folder. Compress everything and rename the archive as you wish. Flash with CWM.

You can download Superuser and su from the following place (creator):

Superuser

By the way the same procedure can be use to root another country version ROMs like GEN1, EMEA or similar. So if you are not using an US device you can still modify your country's ROM to work rooted.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	3646
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	740897  
The Following 53 Users Say Thank You to kekinash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kekinash Ad-Free

5th October 2011, 06:39 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekinash

Hi to all.

I just cooked a stock HC 3.2 Rom for the iconia a500 US version (GEN2) already rooted.

I only added su (linked to xbin) and Superuser. The rest remains exactly as the Acer Stock 3.2 US version Rom. You need to have the CWM recovery on your tablet to be able to flash it (Use the Acer Recovery Installer from the market).

I have done the install in my tablet and it's working great. if you updated the Superuser app to the latest version (3) you will need to clean the data from settings after flashing this rom or else you will get a FC, that's because the Superuser rom version is lower than the one in the market. The same can happen with Maps and other updated ROM stock applications versions.

Thanks, This is what I've been looking for
The Following User Says Thank You to golfgirl606 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift golfgirl606 Ad-Free
kjy2010
5th October 2011, 07:23 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Hi to all.

Have you tried Skype with this ROM yet? Video working?
tyia
5th October 2011, 07:26 PM |#4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sunny South Texas

Donate to Me
More
Yes, is working fine. It's a pure stock rom with su and superuser added. The rest of the rom is the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to kekinash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kekinash Ad-Free
5th October 2011, 07:49 PM |#5  
Flag Southern Oregon...
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgirl606

Thanks, This is what I've been looking for

+1 same here...
5th October 2011, 10:19 PM |#6  
Flag Twinky Flats
Thanks Meter: 471

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi to all.

Did you wipe Dalvik, cache partition or do a factory reset before flashing?
The Following User Says Thank You to JaeKar99 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift JaeKar99 Ad-Free
5th October 2011, 10:24 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Sunny South Texas

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaeKar99

Did you wipe Dalvik, cache partition or do a factory reset before flashing?

Only cache and dalvik wipe. But the recovery loader does it (cache partition delete) before flashing any rom, but i did manually using cwm just to be sure. No data or user data delete needed. If you got a FC with built in apps like Videos, Maps, Books, Nook, try to delete the apps cache and data and update them to the latest market version.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kekinash For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kekinash Ad-Free
kjy2010
5th October 2011, 10:28 PM |#8  

More
Thanks! Took out Clear Fi, Nemo, music, and a few other things I never use, and added Polaris Office before installing the ROM. Updated su to 3.0, updated binaries, and so far, so good.
Just what I needed.
Gave you a clickity click TY!
6th October 2011, 02:40 AM |#9  
Flag Twinky Flats
Thanks Meter: 471

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for putting this up.. I was able to install without issue..
6th October 2011, 07:43 AM |#10  
Flag Nonthaburi

More
I can not DL this link
6th October 2011, 02:47 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Nice and smooth.
Netflix works with the patch. and so far, everything else works with out a hitch.
Exactly what I was waiting for.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)