REDUX2 HD2 ROM-PORT
This is my first attempt on porting a custom Desire rom to our beloved HD2.
My idea was to make this rom as small as possible and to keep things clean and fast without losing to much functionality and stabilty.
All credits go to the creators of the original stuff !!!
Key Features (changelog in 2nd post) :
android 2.3.5 (GRJ90)
tytung kernel 12.4
tytung GPS libraries 2.1
framework & system apps are odexed for more speed and space.
only 85 mb system partition is needed so you have +300mb free space.
small a2sd script included for the 'hardcore installers'
old and fast v1.82 market
removed Gtalk for more space
removed tts languages for more space
removed more apps which can be downloaded of the market
added spare parts (to disable compatibility mode)
added working spirit FM radio (free) (can be uninstalled)
added Rom Toolbox (free) v4.1.4 (can be uninstalled)
Redux2 Roms (Flash via recovery)
Partition table for v1.4 version :
misc ya 1M
boot yboot|ro 5M
system ya 85M
cache ya 5M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize
Recommendations before and after installation :
- Backup your apps and settings with Titanium backup and do a clean installation for best performance. (wipe everything beforehand in recovery)
- Disable 'Compatibility Mode' in Spare Parts app otherwise the lockscreen could be too small.
- Default CPU speed and governor = 245-998 Mhz Interactive. Set your favorite speed and governor in 'CPU settings' on 1st boot.
- After setting up your phone consider doing a reboot for better performance.
- If you want to use additional system apps (a2sd for example) or use custom themes (search this thread)
be aware of your system partition size and make sure you have enough space !
- For some very nice themes you can check out this topic by mexicandroid ! thanks to him for all his work.
- For Arabic support please look here. (thanks to ksaleem & madmack)
I do this for fun only and really don't want any donations, but you could consider doing one to the original creators instead.
If you find any bugs I will do my best to fix them,
but keep in mind that the development of Redux2 is stopped and closed source so some things can't be fixed...
please be nice and keep it friendly !
Thanks & Credits to : tytung, ihlades, rootSU, arif-ali, Cotulla, xavierjohn22, dsixda, hyperdroid team.