Im Finally Back! With some big annoucements!

Search This thread

SamsungJohn

Official Samsung Rep
Feb 11, 2011
Dallas
Hello friends at XDA, I haven’t forgot about you. In fact, I want to invite three of you guys for free to our very own conference...SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE!” Svetius is in charge of selecting the three that will attend.

“The Journey Has Already Begun” – Converging TV, tablet computers, and mobile phones to create a “take anywhere” digital world for customers.

Time: Tuesday, November 8 8:00AM-8:00PM
Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160009317422522

More big announcements to come :)

Follow me on Twitter: @SamsungJohn

Special thanks to: Captainkrtek & Egzthunder

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
never mind found it, had to go into facebook to be able to click the link

Intercontinental Hotel in · San Francisco, California

i'd love to go, but it's too far for me, unless the plane ticket is included :D

anyways, so back in topic, what are the big news!

i'm really exited :D

Galaxy Notes release?
Nexus Prime release?
Galaxy S2 Hercules release?
Galaxy Player release?

there are so many upcoming products that it'll be hard to guess which one or perhaps all of them at once? lol :D

Last edited:

supercurio

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
May 31, 2010
Chambéry
spectrastudy.com
Welcome back John!

After months of exchanges in private chats, I'm happy you can now speak real in forums directly ;)

And... about the event.. indeed the teaser is exciting ^^

AdamOutler

Retired Senior Recognized Developer
Feb 18, 2011
Miami, Fl̨̞̲̟̦̀̈̃͛҃҅͟orida
Please allow me to go. I would be able to learn the most from this presentation and I would be able to provide valuable feedback. I would ensure that I relay as much as possible to members of this site as well.

It is important that I attend this conference as I have a lot of time invested in Samsung research and development. This conference has potential to tie up a lot of loose ends, answer my current questions and springboard me onto other open source projects.

From what I have seen, something big would be announced. With my background in hardware and software, I feel I could help others understand more then most. If someone less knowledgeable were sent, the finer points may be lost in the sauce.

A lot of top brass from Samsung will be there... engineers and developers which I may never have a chance to meet again. These people have information which I need, like Exynos processor technologies and OMAP signal descriptions. If they do not have the information, these are the people who would know where to find it. When I get this info, XDA wins with documentation and new recovery/hacking techniques... I've already uncovered a lot with UBM, UART Root and others... All of this has taken months to research. Can you imagine my joy if I had a chance to sit down with a Samsung engineer and get easy answers?

Please pick me to go out to this conference. I've hacked more Samsung devices then most people on this site. I've published the knowledge I've gained about my projects on this site. If you send me, you can be sure that I will relay any knowledge gained to this site.

It would be an honor to be selected for this and I feel I could learn a lot.

Last edited:

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Welcome (back) John. Glad to see you here again after our private chats :)

I would of course also hope to be one of those three selected (due to being a vocal Samsung supporter since the Omnia and most of my developments being focused on Samsung hardware for years now) - but I guess that goes for pretty much everyone :)

P.S. I do have an XDA t-shirt I could wear ;)

Last edited:

Chainfire

Moderator Emeritus / Senior Recognized Developer
Oct 2, 2007
www.chainfire.eu
Hey, I love azrienoch as much as the next person, though arguably less than SassiBoB does, but if the three people picked by Svetius aren't actually developers ...

SamsungJohn

Official Samsung Rep
Feb 11, 2011
Dallas
Thanks Chainfire, please do stay in touch. As for me, I'm going to check out some of the XDA Samsung forums and see what's been going on.

PoisonWolf

Feb 8, 2009
I'd love to go just for the heck of it to see what it's all about.

So if it's not an exclusive for developers only, I wouldn't mind getting picked! I can definitely drop by CA even though I'm far up north :)

PoisonWolf

Feb 8, 2009
ahemm... that was their message, it's only for developers

Yeah I know it's for developers, hence why i asked if it was exclusively for developers, like, literally (e.g., requires some sort of proof of a being a 'developer' to enter the conference). If it is, no problem. Doesn't hurt to ask. :)

AllGamer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 24, 2008
SGH-T989
AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note I717
= infinite =

is there a hint or hidden message having the document date side ways?

DevCon-238x178.jpg

can be interpreted as = infinite =

:D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please allow me to go. I would be able to learn the most from this presentation and I would be able to provide valuable feedback. I would ensure that I relay as much as possible to members of this site as well.

It is important that I attend this conference as I have a lot of time invested in Samsung research and development. This conference has potential to tie up a lot of loose ends, answer my current questions and springboard me onto other open source projects.

From what I have seen, something big would be announced. With my background in hardware and software, I feel I could help others understand more then most. If someone less knowledgeable were sent, the finer points may be lost in the sauce.

A lot of top brass from Samsung will be there... engineers and developers which I may never have a chance to meet again. These people have information which I need, like Exynos processor technologies and OMAP signal descriptions. If they do not have the information, these are the people who would know where to find it. When I get this info, XDA wins with documentation and new recovery/hacking techniques... I've already uncovered a lot with UBM, UART Root and others... All of this has taken months to research. Can you imagine my joy if I had a chance to sit down with a Samsung engineer and get easy answers?

Please pick me to go out to this conference. I've hacked more Samsung devices then most people on this site. I've published the knowledge I've gained about my projects on this site. If you send me, you can be sure that I will relay any knowledge gained to this site.

It would be an honor to be selected for this and I feel I could learn a lot.
    Hello friends at XDA, I haven’t forgot about you. In fact, I want to invite three of you guys for free to our very own conference...SAMSUNG DEVELOPER CONFERENCE!” Svetius is in charge of selecting the three that will attend.

“The Journey Has Already Begun” – Converging TV, tablet computers, and mobile phones to create a “take anywhere” digital world for customers.

Time: Tuesday, November 8 8:00AM-8:00PM
    Event Link: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=160009317422522

More big announcements to come :)

Follow me on Twitter: @SamsungJohn

Special thanks to: Captainkrtek & Egzthunder
    My Vote

Adam Outler ( unbiased also ;) )

Chainfire

Supercurio

:D
    Welcome (back) John. Glad to see you here again after our private chats :)

I would of course also hope to be one of those three selected (due to being a vocal Samsung supporter since the Omnia and most of my developments being focused on Samsung hardware for years now) - but I guess that goes for pretty much everyone :)

P.S. I do have an XDA t-shirt I could wear ;)
    IMO you guys should send Chainfire (King of Software Modding) , AdamOutler (King of Hardware Modding) & Supercurio (King of Voodoo). :)