FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[21.OCT.11][MAGLDR]dharvey4651's T-Mobile USA GingerSense ROM v1.1 [HierOS v1.8.3]

3,029 posts
Thanks Meter: 583

By dharvey4651, Retired Senior Moderator on 6th October 2011, 11:12 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Welcome to dharvey4651's T-Mobile US HTC HD2 GingerSense ROM!!

PLEASE ask all questions in this thread - Do not PM me.
Community efforts make for quicker better fixes.

Hello and welcome to my new GingerSense build for the HD2. This is no ordinary build that anyone and everyone can use. It's tailor fitted to the 1024Leo T-Mobile US HD2 and has been heavily customized to support the T-Mobile US network. For a complete list of changes please see the change log in post #2.

The ROM is based on XxXPachaXxX's GBLeoR3 TMOUS build. Thank you very much XxXPachaXxX for your permission to use your ROM as a base!!

This ROM is based on the Desire HD Gingerbread build 2.50.402.2 and is Android 2.3.3. It sports Sense 2.1 and is one of the smoothest HD2 GingerSense builds available.

CREDITS - Credits are probably the most important thing you can possibly add to your post when releasing a ROM. That's why I firmly believe that it should be added to the first post and not trailing somewhere at the end. Without further adieu...
  • XxXPachaXxX for allowing me to use his ROM as a base for my release.
  • Cotulla for his great MAGLDR making all of this possible
  • HTC for making the device and the software used in this ROM.
  • HierOS for his kernel.
  • XDA for allowing me to post this ROM
  • Haldric for his glitches fix
  • TyTung for his GPS drivers
  • czarsuperstar@gmail.com for patching the build for CLK
  • hands9998 for his Power Menu Fix
  • Others who I'm forgetting(if I forgot you, PM me and I'll add you here)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharvey4651 Ad-Free

6th October 2011, 11:13 PM |#2  
OP Retired Senior Moderator
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
CHANGE LOG:

Quote:

V1.1 [October 21, 2011]

Fixed:
  1. Fixed Flash Player - Should work for real now.
  2. Fixed Advanced Power Menu - Should work over and over now. Causes 2 small bugs - see NOTE 1 in known issues.
  3. Weather issue seems to be fixed. Please confirm.
  4. Facebook for HTC Sense seems to be fixed. Please confirm.
V1.0 - Initial Release [October 6, 2011]
Added:
  1. Added COMPLETE T-Mobile US customizations including MMS fix and network settings as well as localized for US English and all US measurements(feet, Fahrenheit, etc..)
  2. Added T-Mobile Visual Voicemail app
  3. Added T-Mobile My Account app
  4. Updated DNS settings
  5. Added AdFree app so you can make sure your device is always ad-free
  6. Re-skinned the phone canvas to something more appealing(white gradient with gray separators)
  7. Added a % battery indicator that looks so stock that you would think that it is exactly that. It has smooth charging animations as well as displays the current percentage between animations.
  8. Replaced "H" icon in taskbar with a "4G" icon instead. (Yes I know we're not 4G on this device but it looks more natural since T-Mobile is a 4G network)
  9. Changed the default email and sms notification bubbles that appear over icon to old style gradient green instead of black with green ring.
  10. Updated all system apps to latest versions.
  11. Added the Advanced Power Menu(still only works once per boot so only open it if you're sure you're going to use it)
  12. Fixed it so that ALL HTC Wallpapers are displayed in both Grid view and Panel view.
  13. Updated it to HierOS Kernel 1.8.3 and added my own custom Splash Screen.(custom initrd.gz) You can also find a matching 1st Splash in my thread.
  14. Added my own custom Boot animation that matches the Splash Screen above.
  15. Added all missing HTC Themes from HTC Hub.
  16. Added all Missing HTC Widgets and also added Picasa album plugin and HTC Media Link from HTC Hub
  17. Updated superuser to v3.0.2 and updated SU Binary to v3.0 (NO SUPERUSER ELITE!)
  18. Included the graphics glitches fix by Haldric(disables hardware acceleration)
  19. Added my own APN that works time and time again reliably.
  20. Added Barcode Scanner
  21. Added GPS Status
  22. Using TyTung's latest GPS drivers
  23. Fixed and updated the updater-script so it should now install seamlessly and also give you more information as to what it's doing.

Removed:
  1. HTC Locations
  2. WiFi Router(didn't work anyway)

Known Issues:

NOTE 1: Fixing the Advanced Power menu created 2 bugs. You can no longer wake the device from sleep using the power key. You can, however, use any of the other buttons. Also, you can no longer end a call using the power key. The on-screen End Call button still works fine. Will fix these issues when fixes become available.
  1. Wifi Router does not work even if you re-add it. This is a known issue with Gingerbread Sense builds and there is no known fix at this time as far as I know.
  2. You need to go into APN Settings and set my APN after first boot. By default it is set to "T-Mobile Data". You need to set it to "T-Mobile US".
  3. If you add the account "Facebook for HTC Sense", you may need to disable the "Sync live feed" option. This issue seems to be intermittent - Only affects some people. Sorry guys I don't know how to fix this just yet.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharvey4651 Ad-Free
6th October 2011, 11:13 PM |#3  
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
DOWNLOADS:

Quote:

dharvey4651's T-Mobile USA GingerSense ROM v1.1 - MAGLDR ONLY

Quote:

dharvey4651's T-Mobile USA GingerSense ClockWork Mod Partition Layout:
(MAGLDR - Do not know if it will work for CLK)

Code:
misc ya 1M
recovery rrecov|ro|nospr 5M recovery_3.2.0.0_leo.img
boot yboot|ro 6M
system ya 445M
cache ya 10M
userdata ya|asize|hr allsize

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download both the CWM Partition layout and ROM using the buttons above.
  2. Extract "CWM.Partition.Layout.for.dharvey4651s.GingerSense .rar" to a folder on your desktop.
  3. Copy "dharvey4651s.T-Mobile.HD2.GingerSense.V1.0.zip" to some place on your SD card.
  4. Reboot your device and hold the power button to boot into MAGLDR.
  5. Select option 5 - "USB Flasher". Your device should say USB.
  6. On your PC, right click on DAF.exe and run it as administrator.
  7. Follow the on-screen instructions. DAF will change your partition layout to one pre-defined by me. It will also install CWM 3.2.0.0.
  8. After DAF is finished, it will reboot your device. At this time press and hold the power button to boot into MAGLDR again.
  9. Select option 8 - AD Recovery
  10. Choose option "install zip from sdcard"
  11. In the next screen, select option "choose zip from sdcard"
  12. Browse to where you stored "dharvey4651s.T-Mobile.HD2.GingerSense.V1.0.zip" and select it.
  13. Select "YES" when prompted. The ROM will be installed.
  14. When instructed, please reboot the device.
That's it!! You're all done. Just wait for your device to boot up again and enjoy the ROM!
The Following User Says Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharvey4651 Ad-Free
6th October 2011, 11:13 PM |#4  
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
ADD-ONS / FIXES

Quote:

Add-ons:

Currently none.

Quote:

Fixes:

Flash Player Fix V2: http://bit.ly/Flash_Fix_V2
Tested on Adobe.com, CNN.com, Youtube.com, Youtube app, and even shows those annoying ads on websites.

Weather App Fix:
http://bit.ly/Weather_App_Fix
Resolves force close issues.(seems to only work for some? still trying to find a definite fix)

6th October 2011, 11:38 PM |#5  
Flag Sacramento, CA
Thanks Meter: 654

More
Interesting, looking forward to seeing the specs on this build. Always welcome another choice.
6th October 2011, 11:57 PM |#6  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,136

Donate to Me
More
Yes! I second that Also not to mention dharvey4651 is a name I have seen floating around XDA not just in the HD2 section but if I'm not mistaken I've seen your Name in the Dream/Sapphire section so I'm looking forward to this also since i have a T-Mobile 1024 Leo
7th October 2011, 12:02 AM |#7  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 316

More
definitely looking forward to test this one, I will keep checking often
Can't wait till I get of work
Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
7th October 2011, 12:18 AM |#8  
Flag Olathe, Kansas

Donate to Me
More
ROM is online! Enjoy!!

Please post comments!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dharvey4651 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dharvey4651 Ad-Free
7th October 2011, 12:44 AM |#9  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,136

Donate to Me
More
I'm making it cLK right now so i can test it out I will report back and tell you how it is.
7th October 2011, 01:01 AM |#10  
Flag E. St. Louis, IL
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by czarsuperstar@gmail.com

I'm making it cLK right now so i can test it out I will report back and tell you how it is.

I'd like to have clk also.
7th October 2011, 01:30 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 142

More
3g and everything's working fine on clk.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)